Problems with ye ol' e-dead..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with ye ol' e-dead..

well likewise, i'm having problems with the half assed sound deadening i did in my merc sable. i didn't really clean anything off and figured a heat gun and the back end of a screw driver would be enough to keep the sound deadener attatched to my trunk lid. after about 6 months of this **** hanging off the trunk, i'm getting sick of it and i start to realize the quandry i've put myself in. hence the question, with about 12 square feet of e-dead (v1) on my trunk lid and the edges hanging off, what would be the easiest fix to get this **** right? just cut off the lose pieces and just re-mat over everything else, or is there a way i can tear everything off and start from scratch? i'm at a loss of what to do with this damn thing, but any suggestions would help. also, how well does e-dead keep out side in a covered storage shed, out of direct sunlight, seeing temperature extremes from 30 degrees, to 100 degrees.. say over 6 months? i have some e-dead left over from my previous sound deadening adventures, just wondering if it's adventageous to just by an extra 20 sq ft of new stuff, or if i can still use the crap that's been sitting around outside for a while. like i said, it was covered, so it's never gotten wet. at anyrate, i'll have a little suprise coming your way with my new system install in my sable coming up in the next 2 months if i can finish everything out in time.. i'll keep you posted.
    kevin

if the edges have junk on them, then definitely cut them off. i'd still probably cut them off and use the stuff you've got to go over it. invest in a wall paper roller, if they are under $5 at your local hardware store, and use that to roll the mat on. the dynamat rollers are just wall paper rollers, and they work very well the old e-dead should be fine. just let your trunk lid and the e-dead sit in the sun for a while before you apply it.

Comment

Working...
    X