Rear Door Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Door Speakers

I had noticed some time ago in my 02 LX (Cdn) that there are speaker grills on the rear doors. I also noticed there is no audio coming from those grills so I assumed there is no speaker there. Is there much to installing a pair of speakers in there? I'm wondering if there is a wiring harness and connector there. Because I think the ES model has 6 speaker system, although the stereo for both models is the same.

Can someone shed some light on this???

Thanks

Jay

the p5's and protege's rear doors were all manufactured with the same rear doors.. had your car been a p5, you would of had rear door speakers and no rear dash

Comment

If I remember correctly the wiring is already there, hooked into the rear channel. Search for posts about it by Blue LEDz, he's got them installed there and I'm pretty sure this discussion has come up before.

Comment

From what I remember reading, it really isn't worth it to add speakers there.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
          From what I remember reading, it really isn't worth it to add speakers there.

nope, it's not worth it. there is no wiring there, unless your car came from the factory with them. i installed some back there just for ****s and giggles. running new wire into the rear doors is much easier than the front doors, but still not worth it.

Comment

My mom's car has rear door speakers... they sound like **** compared to speakers in the rear deck in my Protege.

Comment

Working...
            X