3rd Gen Es front component speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Gen Es front component speakers

Hey....do the front stock door speakers and tweeters have separate leads from the stock head unit or do the have a crossover? I am looking into throwing an amp into the mix and am wondering on the wiring? thanks
    Patrick
    SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

i'm pretty sure they are fed off the same line and the tweeter just has an inline passive x-over. why bother amping the stock speakers?

Comment

my philosophy, use em if they are there. if i destroy them, well then we get new ones. i have heard that the stock ones can last a while amped before you start to notice them going. I am putting my old set-up from my 92 gen 1 into my 2003 es. 2 infinity ref's 10" subs in the rear (parallel wired) 2ohm load, driven by a 230x1 kenwood amp. But I have come across an alpine 4 channel x 50 watt amp that I thought would amp the internal stock speakers. So if you are telling me that the front components have a crossover, then that will be my front 2 channels and my rear decks will be my other two. See I wanted to know if I was going to put in the 4 channel amp, cause then I would have to beef up to 4 ga power wire and a dist. block. i haven't pulled the door panel off to see if there are two separate lines running from the stock head unit to the front components yet, but thanks for the help. any other suggestions would be appreciated.
      Patrick
      SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

Comment

never be afraid to learn, tear apart the door panel.. there are how-to's on this forum if you need help, and enjoy . more or less the point any reasonable person would try to make, why would you bother throwing 50 watts on a speaker that was designed to run fine off of 15 to 18 watts? sometimes even adding aftermarket headunits throws enough power to blow out factory speakers the way people try and blast their stereo. your stock speakers aren't designed to handle the kind of power you're looking to throw at them. if you ultimately want speakers that are amped, get speakers that can handle the power.
        kevin

Comment

Working...
        X