What amp for my mids and Highs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What amp for my mids and Highs?

First off, I have two JL 12w6 (first version NOT the 12w6v2) hooked up to a JBL 1200.1 amp in a ported box. HELL YEAH!. And Now I need an amp for my mids and highs.

I have a pair of INFINITY 6X9 692.5 KAPPA (2 WAY) and also Infinity 6-1/2" Two-way Component Speaker System (6000cs). So what amp would you recommend for them? I was thinking either the MTX 404 or 6304.

just get a 2 channel and amp the fronts. just run the rear speakers off the HU. how much are you looking to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
      just get a 2 channel and amp the fronts. just run the rear speakers off the HU. how much are you looking to spend?
      Good idea, but I hear that the Kappa speakers don't sound as good as say their Reference series when powered with only HU power. At the same time, you don't want to take away from the front soundstage.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
        Good idea, but I hear that the Kappa speakers don't sound as good as say their Reference series when powered with only HU power. At the same time, you don't want to take away from the front soundstage.
        I am only looking to spend no more then 200 bucks. "At the same time, you don't want to take away from the front" If I got a four channel amp would it take away from the front speakers still. Also on my back 6x9 speakers they come with crossovers and the instrutions say to only hook them into an amp not straight to the head unit or they could be damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by bwalk037
          I am only looking to spend no more then 200 bucks. "At the same time, you don't want to take away from the front" If I got a four channel amp would it take away from the front speakers still. Also on my back 6x9 speakers they come with crossovers and the instrutions say to only hook them into an amp not straight to the head unit or they could be damaged.

if you get a 4 channel amp, just turn the gain down a little on the rear channels, or fade the sound to the front more, so your front is more powerful than the rear. i think the reason they say not to hook them up to the HU is because you get so low power from the HU, and most people turn it up into a very high clipping range.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            if you get a 4 channel amp, just turn the gain down a little on the rear channels, or fade the sound to the front more, so your front is more powerful than the rear. i think the reason they say not to hook them up to the HU is because you get so low power from the HU, and most people turn it up into a very high clipping range.

That seems like it would work, But which amp should I get for them? I was thinking the MTX 404 or 6304.

Comment

What brand is your HU?
              I would recommend a US Acoustics amp. If you don't want to SHOW it, you can always mount it under a seat. I have the USP200 (2x65W) and I like it. They also have a 4 channel version. Those are cheap and are good, so if you wanna save some money - go for it.

Here's the amp:
              The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

65W x 4 @ 4 ohms
              $129.99 no sales tax and free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                What brand is your HU?
                I would recommend a US Acoustics amp. If you don't want to SHOW it, you can always mount it under a seat. I have the USP200 (2x65W) and I like it. They also have a 4 channel version. Those are cheap and are good, so if you wanna save some money - go for it.

Here's the amp:
                The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

65W x 4 @ 4 ohms
                $129.99 no sales tax and free shipping.

My head unit is the one and only ALPINE 7893, and I like what see on that amp. I will check around and ask some peps and read some reviews over it and then decide. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X