suggestions on amps and subs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions on amps and subs.

what do you guys think about these subs.

also looking for suggestions on amps....trying to keep it under 400 here.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

i have two amps and some pioneer 10 in subs for sell if ur intrested
    i is dumb

Comment

what kind of amps, im pretty much set on the subs.

i can get 2 of these amps for $300
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i have a crunch usa 400x4 and a koiler 600x2 not sure of model numbers
        i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
          what do you guys think about these subs.

also looking for suggestions on amps....trying to keep it under 400 here.

not a bad deal for $247 shipped that's a bit less than a set of 12K's from ED. i'd go with the JBL BP600.1 amp. it's rated at 600 watts, but i've heard it was bench tested at just under 1200.

Comment

thanks blue, i have heard bad things about jbl amps but you cant beat that deal.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

thanks blue, i have heard bad things about jbl amps but you cant beat that deal.

you've heard bad things about JBL?! from who? i've heard nothing but good things about them. their BP series has been regarded as one of the best amps for the price for quite some time now.

Comment

although my personal experience extends to only the loud and clear series jbl amplifer (was 5 years old, i got 2 years of use out of it, JUST sold it on ebay in GREAT working condition for 48 bucks), and i swear by that little f*cker. as far as those type R's, they should slam nicely with either the 1200.1 or 600.1 powervalve series amps from JBL... i'd give it a go.
                peace

Comment

thanks guys, i think ima try that, and blue, like i said i havent had anything to do with audio in about 3 years, now i dont know if jbl has upped the quality in this time but my friend owns a DR hi Fi and he used to have ass loads of jbl amps that were burned up. But hey your the expert im the dumbass, i trust you.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

the phrase 'Junk But Loud' has never been mentioned to you Blue?
                    Never had their amps but I have a Geo Storm I had all JBL GTO Series in and it sounded pretty good? It might have been the AudioArt Amplifier?
                    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                    -Dean
                    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                    Injen CAI - Polished
                    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                    DaveB trim rings
                    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

yay alpine

Comment

whats the max mount depth in 3rd gen doors?

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ok here we go, heres the shopping list for this weekend...i have the kenwood amp and will have the deck in 4 weeks...opinions on this stuff would be apprciated.

2x Alpine Type R 12" subs
                          2 sets Infiniti Kappa 693.5i 6x9's
                          Alpine type s SPS-171A components
                          JBL BP600.1 Mono Amp****thanx blue
                          Kenwood Kac-848 4 channel amp for mids/highs
                          JVC kd-lh300 deck

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweet
                            the phrase 'Junk But Loud' has never been mentioned to you Blue?
                            Never had their amps but I have a Geo Storm I had all JBL GTO Series in and it sounded pretty good? It might have been the AudioArt Amplifier?

yeah i've heard that, but in most cases of their newer lines it's been all good stuff

Comment

ok here we go, heres the shopping list for this weekend...i have the kenwood amp and will have the deck in 4 weeks...opinions on this stuff would be apprciated.

2x Alpine Type R 12" subs
                              2 sets Infiniti Kappa 693.5i 6x9's
                              Alpine type s SPS-171A components
                              JBL BP600.1 Mono Amp****thanx blue
                              Kenwood Kac-848 4 channel amp for mids/highs
                              JVC kd-lh300 deck

WTF do you need 2 sets of 6x9's for?! i wouldn't even bother getting a single set, and step up to at least the type R components, or type X, or something like focal, CDT, boston acoustics, etc.
                              get your wire here.

Comment

Working...
                              X