Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust the force, Luke.

Tell you what - here's a good compromise:

If you are worried that you'll want strong rear speakers, buy a 4 channel amp & a set of component speakers. Then, either: 1) Hook up just the fronts, or 2) bridge the channels of the amp to the fronts (this will deliver double the power to the front) and see how you like it.

If you're not satisfied with the sound, you can always hook up the rears to the amp also.

But a powerful front stage is all you should need. Many people COMPLETELY ditch the rear speakers, while others consider it rear "fill" - just for the occasional rear passenger.

Oh, and about the "surround sound" idea - you're listening to music, not watching a movie. The music (hopefully) recorded to present the "stage" we've been referring to. And, it's only right and left - 2 channels. If you had a DVD running in-car, a 5.1 setup is worthwhile. But it does nothing for music except make it more "unfocused".

~HH

Comment

i wish i knew someone with the setup that you are talking about, that way i would know for sure.

2000 White Protege LX
      Sumitomo 195/60HR14
      2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
      Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
      Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
      Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
      Kenwood Music Keg
      Black Widow Keyless Entry
      Intake- Custom SRI
      Clear Corner Lights
      APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
        i wish i knew someone with the setup that you are talking about, that way i would know for sure.

go to a car stereo show and ask some of the SQ guys if you can listen to their system. generally they are pretty cool about it and like showing off their work, which is far from what it used to be back in the day they were all about secracy and would close up their car if you had a camera near it. listen to a properly setup vehicle and you'll never want to run rear speakers again a good front sound stage will give you that full bodied "surround" effect.

Comment

I only have my front speakers running but from the front seat you'd never know... it sounds like it's coming from all around you. .

Comment

Working...
          X