To every1 with a FMIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To every1 with a FMIC

how the **** did you mount it? i have the front end riped off right now but i cant seem to find a way to mount it....

is the P/S fluid cooler really nessesary? its just in the way and i cant bend the ****er... ill post some pics for you guys in a lil bit...

any idea are welcome
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

you'll need custom brackets probably. as for the power steering cooler (i thought it was a cheap oilcooler) you can always just move it a bit or somewhere else. but the big question is what ya gonna do about the intercooler piping, i hear its real pita to find a good place to run it. good luck. PICS!!!!!!!

Comment

ya i welded brackets to my rad support.
      00 dakota 4x4
      90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

the firs tpic is of the p/s cooler.....can i take it off????? that ****er is in my god damn way!!!
        next is of how my FMIC will be mounted with the mallet as the support and all!
        Attached Files

More Information

Comment

I put that cooler thing behind my IC. I then took 2 pieces of aluminum, drilled holes in it and attatched it to the bottom of the hood release thing, then 2 bolts to the bottom of the IC. As for pipes, do you best, is hard, but possible.
          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

what about the intercooler clearing the crash brace? am i going to have to chop it up or what?

More Information

Comment

id say just tuck the cooler thingy behind the intercooler, thats what i did, and just make a custom bracket for the intercooler, cant be too hard.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yeh most people just put the IC in front of that p/s line...i have it like that also.

As far as your crash brace,..either u cut it up or throw it out.

then find a way to keep your bumper on. Not to hard.

Comment

well. i took the crash brase and cut it so that the intercooler will fit tucked in it...here are some pics...the intercooler will be just over 6inches from the ground...
                  Attached Files