Blow through maf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blow through maf

hey whats up all so i have been experimenting with with my MAF location and i was just wanting to see what other people are or have done with theres..... i am "blowing" through mine right now and it seems to be working better than pulling through it.. has anyone else ever mested with it??
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

anyfeed back??
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

I know alot of ppl had much better results with blow through versus draw through.

THEGOLDPRO is a prime example... he said his car was like night and day after moving the VAF.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

thats the results that i have had so far but i just moved the maf like 3 weeks ago when i up graded the i/c so i am not sure if it is the i/c or maf location...

Comment

Originally posted by weelyweels
          thats the results that i have had so far but i just moved the maf like 3 weeks ago when i up graded the i/c so i am not sure if it is the i/c or maf location...
          the upgraded IC probably helps it cool better, but a smoother idle and what not is more than likely due to moving the MAF.

Comment

yeah.... before i had a real bad spudder problem at low rpm no boost but then when thet boost came on it was fine...

Comment

yeah.... before i had a real bad spudder problem at low rpm no boost but then when thet boost came on it was fine...
              I am worried about that too.... I am thinking about trying the MAF for my GTX up next to the intake manifold when I get around to getting mine installed.

Comment

that is how i am running my set-up my maf is about 6- 10" away from my t/b... it realy seems to be working for the best!!

Comment

that is how i am running my set-up my maf is about 6- 10" away from my t/b... it realy seems to be working for the best!!
                  what year is your car??? and you dont have any pics???
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                    what year is your car??? and you dont have any pics???
                    1st gen more than likely since he has the miata header on his BP

Comment

it is a 93 LX 5 speed and i should have some pics in less than two weeks!

Comment

so i have ran in to a little problem with the blow through maf.....it looks like the black plastic cover is being blown off..... has any one else had this problem be for??

Comment

VAF.
                          And just put silicone and seal it back up
                          Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                          you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

And if that doesn't help go find some Aluminum Duck Tape (Most Hvac guys use it) and tape it down with that. It will hold it

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

if i just put silicone on it the same thing will happen agian. i was think about making some type of clamp for it...

Comment

Working...
                              X