CEL codes on chipped BP26 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL codes on chipped BP26 ECU

Well, I finally pulled the codes on my GRID chipped BP26 ECU and here they are:

42- turbo purge solenoid - this makes sense as I don't have one installed

24- fuel pump relay - this makes sense as once again, it is not installed in my car

14- atmospheric pressure sensor. This is a little troublesome because the sensor is installed inside the ECU (you can see it if you ever take the ECU apart). The failsafe is to run the car as though it's at sea level all the time. This means I may run a little rich if I drive at higher altitudes ....

17- Feedback system? Don't really know what this means but it's failsafe is that my car is not listening to the O2 sensor. However my car passed emissions with flying colours and the O2 gauge tells me it is running in closed loop at part throttle. I also get the same gas economy I used to get with my other BP55 and BP26 ECUs

I'm not too sure what to make of 14 and 17. Could it be that I am throwing these codes because the ECU has been chipped? They don't really affect performance - but it's a little puzzling.

I have tried contacting GRID in regards to the ECU but have received no response. Any ideas?

Hmm, I guess no one has any ideas .....

Comment

No ideas, but I do find this information interesting. I would assume that some of the codes might have something to do with the fact that it is chipped. Where did you get the meanings of the codes? GTX manual? Great information.
      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

actually, I built a little LED tester for the ECU and jumped it like the NA one and it flashed the codes at me.

Im not too worried about the codes as they don't really affect performance ... but it'd be interesting to know.

Comment

have you dyno'd the car at all? i wonder if you may not beable to feel the difference but at dyno graph may point them out as it causes little jumps in the power curves. <-- just an idea. because it could just be so small its not effecting the seat of your pants tuning alot of us do/go off of. but on the dyno it could make noticeable glitch letting you see it on paper and be able to tune it in if need be.

NEUMAN

Comment

nope, didn't dyno yet but Im hoping to go there and to the track this spring. probably going to dyno after I get my VF10 in so I can tune the fuel

Comment

Please explain how you pulled the codes, I need to check mine!
              sigpic

Comment

Identity_x found this on an Aussie site:

Just as a note, ignore what the guy is saying about the resistor size because it's confusing. I used a 1K resistor and a superbright red LED and it worked great.

Comment

Oh ok, very simple, Im going to tap into those wires and mount the led in my gauge cluster. pimperish
                  sigpic

Comment

that's what Im thinking .... and add a switch on it so I can turn the stupid thing off since it's lit all the time

Comment

yup
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X