wont idle since ive boosted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont idle since ive boosted

i boosted the BP and now it wont idle on me ....is the bolt on the front of the afm an other mean for adjustment?? iv played around with the idle screw on the TB and it dont help ...does any one have any ideas ????
    GRIPtoLIVE........................................ .........
    NA6C new track slut-NB8C waiting on parts
    94 E36- RB20 swap -sold
    93 323 budget track slut RIP
    FEARLESS MOTORING..........................................

is your BOV recirculating? If it's not, it may be leaking and causing your car to not idle.

a few more details of your setup would also help

Comment

do you have idle air running to the TB from the charge pipe????
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Vacuum leak from a hose that got loose after boost and/or one of the many charge pipes you now have that may be loose too!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

did you replace ALL the stock rubber?? its a know fact with any forced induction that if the rubber hoses are alittle older than they should be they will tear open when the boost hits, giving vacume leaks when off boost.
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

IAC issues?

Comment

i was thinking IAC ...if this is the problem and i unpug it it should idle right??? ive cheaked all the lines and there seems to be no leaks ..my blow off just dumps .....has this idling problem happend to anyone else after they bolted on a snail???
              94 E36- RB20 swap -sold

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmeatz
                i was thinking IAC ...if this is the problem and i unpug it it should idle right??? ive cheaked all the lines and there seems to be no leaks ..my blow off just dumps .....has this idling problem happend to anyone else after they bolted on a snail???
                Yeah I plugged it up.

Comment

How is it acting? Will it start and run for like 2 secs then die or what? You might want to check the plug on the maf, make sure its plugged in all the way, and check your grounds.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                  Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Vacum leak no doubt. Check all your intercooler pipes for leaks id say.. Ive had similar problems before. You have a flap style airflow meter no doubt what you can do is put your finger on the flap slightly when someone tries to start the car. If it idles then, then you probally have a vacum leak. I wouldent go fudging with the screws on the throttle body.. Thell get messed up and youll never get them back the way they were supposed to be.
                    93 MX-3
                    BP, Wiseco Pistons, Pauter Rods, Haltech E6X, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, Bully Six puck clutch

"Jesus, its raining out! I cant get traction in this!!!"

Comment

thanx guys ...i have it idling now ...welll sorta its iratic(i think that the word mybe not the spelling????) it likes to fluctuate between 1000 and 3500 now
                      94 E36- RB20 swap -sold

Comment

Throttle position sensor maybe, unplug it and see what it does
                        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                        X