New Mods to my Car: Upgrade from VF22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mods to my Car: Upgrade from VF22

Well I thought I would show you kiddies some of the latest mods going down. Stage 1 Parts Collection is Complete and Half of Stage 2 and Stage 3. The Build starts TODAY.

Sold My VF22, 3" Dump, GTR and GTX Manifold, Speedflow Lines, Intake, POD to get New Parts - include:

Stage 1:

- GTR Intake Manifold (Better Flow)
    - Small Garret GT Spec Ball Bearing Turbo with Crome HPC Front Cover and Exhaust Housing (Not shown - at shop)
    - Customised Stainless Exhaust Manifold with Wastegate
    - 38mm External Wastegate with Screamer Pipe
    - 550cc Rx7 Injectors
    - New 3" Stainless Dump Pipe
    - New 4" Stainless Intake Pipe
    - 4" POD Filter
    - Speedflow Braided Oil and Water Lines
    - Thick Alloy Turbo Radaitor
    - Stainless Radiator Hoses + Blue Silicon

Stage 2 - Uncomplete
    - LSD FWD Diff and Shafts
    - Short Ratio Infini Gear Set (Thanks Bud )

Stage 3 - Uncomplete
    - GTR Conrods (thick as)

Stage 4 - Uncomplete
    - New Momo Net Steering Wheel
    - New Momo Evo Gear Knob
    - Custom Centre Consol (under construction)

1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
    GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
    320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

Stuff Still to Get/Do:

Stage 1
    - HPC Manifold and Dump
    - HPC Mounts and other lil bits
    - Bit of Braid and Cleaning etc.
    - New Braid lines and Stainless Power Steering Canister to run GTX Power Steering
    - New Power Steering Rack

Stage 2
    - Semi-Slick Front Tyres
    - Rear Coil Overs

Stage 3
    - Forged Pistonts
    - Bearings
    - Gasket Set

Stage 4
    - New interior (Undecided)
    Either Fully Stripped Orange with Fibreglass Bucket Seats or a nice Dark Grey material Retrim with Stereo.

(I've gone out and got Finance on a Black Subi Forrester GT Turbo to ride on 20" Chrome rims and coil overs so the Laser is a Week-end warrior now)

Here is an Old pic of the engine bay in OLD Spec:

GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.

Comment

I always liked your car - she's a beauty. What kind of power were you putting down with the VF22? What are your power goals for this setup?

Comment

Love the detail in that engine bay man...looks great...
        MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Very nice!

One question... that module bolted to the front of your GTR intake manifold... what is it? I just got mine and I don't know what goes there.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shades
            Very nice!

One question... that module bolted to the front of your GTR intake manifold... what is it? I just got mine and I don't know what goes there.
            Its the IAC valve

Comment

Yeah I don't use it. Just leave the hoses off. Before I get it HPC Chrome Coated I'm going to put a nice Plate over it so that the whole lot gets chromed at once. Might look a little better.

I also don't use the Cold Start hoses on the plenum......none of the coolant lines get hooked up.

The GTR Plenum is exactly the same as the GTX one but it just has better more calculated flow for high boost applications. It has waves inside to direct air evely stopping lean out.

Comment

The Turbo in Question is a 450HP Ball Bearing Garret GT2876R (GT2540R) with a .64 Exhaust housing for better Spool.

An hopefully the engine bay looks much better when this all done. Nice shiny radiator, heaps of braid and blue silicon and Manifold, Dump, Turbo and engine mounts etc. are getting the Chrome HPC Coating.

Comment

Few progress pics of sorting everything out. Pics from couple days ago.

Once everything is finished and running mint as the engine and gearbox will be ripped out the car. Painting the engine bay and then the engine will be put back in, all nicely painted up with Speedflow lines and Chrome HPC coating. Will look all bling bling for a couple days hahaah - then its off to the drags.

Comment

DAAAAAAAAAAMN!!! boing!?
                    My Toys =D

Comment

that's a huge turbo - still using the stock GTX rods?

Comment

Nah, Got some thick GTR Conrods and some 40 thou over Weisco Pistons.

Order the Pistons from US of A

Comment

i had a nice sticky for a while showing the differences of the gtx and gtr intake manifolds.

car looks great! only 450hp?

NEUMAN

Comment

what do you use for ignition? Stock GTX ecu?

Comment

The Microtech LT10s has a built in Ignition that uses 4 coils - 1 coil for each sparkie.

Comment

Working...
                              X