help with tuning issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with tuning issues

alright well i currently am tuning on 550cc injectors with an aem uego wideband, greddy e-manage. The problem i'm running into is that i'm supposed to be tuning in 3rd gear but some weird stuff happens, i'll explain. If i mash the gas in 2nd gear my wideband will read a good a/f ratio of 11.5 and it will hold steady. Now if i mash the gas in 3rd i get a steady reading till about 3500rpms where my wideband goes to the lean side out of reading since the aem wideband has a limited reading range of 17:1. When the wideband goes lean i can feel the car hold it self back, but no detonation or popping its pretty weird. I called AEM and they said i could be running to rich, clogging the 02 sensor and making it show lean, or a faulty sensor. I have my doubts, but i was wondering if anyone has any idea of what is going on? I have the rx7 vaf at stock setting, am i perhaps maxing it out or hitting fuel cut or something? I really doubt i'm running lean with 550's on a t3/t4 at 7psi, but it only happens when i mash the gas in a higher gear where its the closest 1:1 ratio, but in second gear it'll pull fine. Thanks in advance. Lates

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

go get it dyno tuned

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

11.5:1 is pretty rich.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

isnt the emanage a piggyback? Are you still running base maps off the NA ECU?

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          11.5:1 is pretty rich.

??? Aussy guys run 10 or 10.5:1....

Comment

Yeah 11.5 is pretty rich. My A/F is 12.3 at WOT in all gears. your A/f really shouldnt change just because your in different gears, unless your in 3rd at 15mph and floor it.
            I too highly doubt your running lean with the injectors unless one isnt flowing as much as the others. Did you have the injectors flow matched? If your emanage is setup like a AFC I can give you my maps and you should be ok. How is your widband located in your exhaust? It has to be mounted between 11-1 o'clock otherwise water from condinsation will destroy the sensor giving you a bad reading. I tuned my car myself I went out and kept doing WOT pulls in 3rd watching the A/F throught the RPMs and adjusting the AFC accordingly untill I hit a steady 12.3 this is all at 20 psi with no problems. Let me know if you needthe maps.
            hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

aussie guys aren't able to see 300whp out of a vf12 either hahah remember that bugs?
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                aussie guys aren't able to see 300whp out of a vf12 either hahah remember that bugs?
                i forgot the sarcastic smiley, it was late...

But I still think AF's are different. On a dyno I would tune to 10.5 or 11:1.

This is because the guy at the dyno I went to has datalog from cars running at the track where their cars that were tuned for 11.5:1 or 12:1 have gone all the way to 13.5:1-14:1 because the amount of air going across the IC is so much more than at the dyno....

But if you are street tuning to actual Airmovement per MPH which isn't simulated at a dyno then 12:1 or 11.5:1 is nice.

Comment

Working...
                X