Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtx510
    the miata engine came from the GTX...
    No ****ing ****. I know that now, but I'm just some dumb ass and YOUR THE ****ING MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by gtx510
      That is the VJ11 COMP HOUSING.
      As in COMPRESSOR HOUSING, the cold side.
      It should be the same size as the VJ20 comp, the comp wheel definately is.

The VJ11 TURBINE HOUSING (that's the HOT side) is larger than the VJ20 TURBINE HOUSING, as mentioned above several times.

You can machine the VJ20 or VJ11 comp housing to fit a larger t-bird, VJ10, VJ11, VF8, VF12, etc. comp wheel.
      or just use the comp that matches the larger wheel.
      So where are your links to compressor maps?

Comment

there ya go, chief
        I didn't realize the T-bird comp wheel had a 42.19mm inducer, that's about the same size as a VF10 wheel.

If you figure a F2T is gonna flow about as much air as a BPT when you could use this airflow plot

Comment

I don't see any thing there saying the VJ-11 and 20 are the same size. I see alot of US/Canada state side IHI turbo's.

Comment

might want to reread my earlier posts.
            have you been paying attention thru any of this? VJ11 comp map = VJ20 comp map

VJ11 RHB52KW-52002KP20NR5BRL3911EZ -- 39.11mm comp inducer, 5200 turbine wheel, (larger) P20 turbine housing (~0.79 A/R)
            VJ20 RHB52UW-52002UP15NR5BRUL3911EZ - 39.11mm comp inducer, 5200 turbine wheel, (smaller) P15 turbine housing (~0.59 A/R)
            VJ22 RHB52UW-52002UP15NRBRUL4016EZ -- 40.16mm comp inducer, 5200 turbine wheel, (smaller) P15 turbine housing (~0.59 A/R)

Comment

The page cannot be found
              The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

So we agree both turbos are crappy?

Comment

Garrett Catalog GT15 series Turbomaster sl, Spain's official distributor for Garrett and Holset Turbocompressors and TiAL accessories

no, I didn't quote my old post, i just cut-n-pasted so the link came out wrong. you should reread my old posts...

stock ihi turbos are crappy if you don't know how to mod it. and that can be cheap to expensive depending on how much you know about them.

fwiw, I've found an IHI RHF5 that bolts on like a VJ11 or VJ14, except it has a different downpipe flange. It has the smaller VJ14 turbine (P12) and it uses a V-band clamp to the CHRA so you can bolt a STi turbo to it. Possible bolt-on BB turbo with no machine work other than a flange...

I've found Isuzu RHB5 turbos that bolt on like VJ11's and they have a LARGE, P25, turbine housing. Just need to find something like that in the RHF5 range or start out with an STi turbo and an adapter plate.

IHI is a HUGE corporation and they make great turbos, there's just not a large supply of hi-po ones, especially on this side of the pacific. If IHI was crappy would Apexi or Power Enterprises use their (BB) turbos? Would honduh have used them for their old F1 turbos? Name another company that's got an abradeable comp housing? well, Hitachi, but that was stock +99 RX-7.

Comment

Working...
                X