10 psi, 15.5 @ 1/4 mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loco_R View Post
    Well that set up lasted for over 2 years, take a look at the date that article was created.

Since the initial set up o to what i have here is the differnce

Bp26 Camshafts (just with the changing of the camshafts it went form 15.5 to 15.0
    SAFC NEO
    460 cc rx7 n/a injectors
    2.5 Ehaust (free flow)
    Td05 16g Evo III Turbo + divorced downpipe
    boost controller
    Walbro fuel pump
    FMIC
    XTD stage 3 clutch kit
    on dyno
    when i started as picture shown did 178 whp
    did FMIC and did 185 whp

all this at 11 psi.
    Then went to the dyno with the difference listed on top and did 203 whp @ 9 psi.
    Boosted to 12 psi and ran for like 6 months daily drive
    Then boosted to 15 psi doing peaks of 20 psi, worked fine until did the advance timming to 16 degrees.
    This has me worried, where was the smic originally placed?
    unless you were able to drop the ambient temperature going into the engine below the outside temps you shouldnt pick up much horsepower from a fmic.
    unless you had the poor smic heat soaked like a Motherf**ker, ie right next to the manifold.
    I would definatley test for boost leaks.
    -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

Originally posted by nos92mx3 View Post
      This has me worried, where was the smic originally placed?
      unless you were able to drop the ambient temperature going into the engine below the outside temps you shouldnt pick up much horsepower from a fmic.
      unless you had the poor smic heat soaked like a Motherf**ker, ie right next to the manifold.
      I would definatley test for boost leaks.
      It was like the stock GTX near the tranny.
      94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

Working...
      X