KL swap Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KL swap Turbo

I'm gonna be doing a kl swap pretty soon and then maybe 6 months after the swap I'm gonna turbo it. Should I use a turbo set for a probe and then modify it? Or what?

I was on ebay just gettin some ideas and I saw this one.

Just seein everyones opinion.

Thanks,

Shane
    1994 Protege - KLDE Swap.

they have a mx3 setup floating around also.. but if you can get a cheap Probe setup, id run with that, and just get the y pipe re worked.. ive heard that it will work, but just needs to be adjusted a but.. b/c of the crossmember.

Comment

Yea. Thats what I heard too. I think working off of something is better than just custom everything. Plus less expensive too.

Comment

Originally posted by NineFourProtege View Post
        Yea. Thats what I heard too. I think working off of something is better than just custom everything. Plus less expensive too.
        truthfully tho, its alot cheaper to get a manifold made for a v6 than a 4cyl. You can just get a custom Ypipe made with a flange on it.. like my buddy had for his ZE'd MX3.. thats all the probe kit really is.. grab you a junkyard turbo and your good! but depending on your wallet... buying the kit would probrably be easier. and space isnt a issue with the kl in a bg, u throw the battery in a trunk, and youve got PLENTY of space!

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37 View Post
          truthfully tho, its alot cheaper to get a manifold made for a v6 than a 4cyl. You can just get a custom Ypipe made with a flange on it.. like my buddy had for his ZE'd MX3.. thats all the probe kit really is.. grab you a junkyard turbo and your good! but depending on your wallet... buying the kit would probrably be easier. and space isnt a issue with the kl in a bg, u throw the battery in a trunk, and youve got PLENTY of space!
          I just have to get the turbo kit where they place the turbo where the battery goes because theres a couple that place the turbo infront of the headers.

Comment

Working...
          X