This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote turbo setup????

I want to install a remote turbo system, ive got some questions- as I'm not a professional mechanic.

1.what are the Pros and Cons of a setup like this.?

2.Is a twin turbo setup posible with this setup?(one in front, and one in the back)

3.how much can i boost??

4.IS IT JUST AS EFFICENT as the regular setup?? ...

here are some pix of some remote system.....
    Attached Files

You are retarded.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

wont work for 4 banger at all.. and you wont be able to spool the turbo at all.. too far.. only cars that can do that is ...either v6 or v8..
      My Toys =D

Comment

yea dude, do a dual t3 remote turbo setup on your 1.8 liter.
        sigpic

Comment

You can spool like 60 psi with twin 76mm turbos that way.

Forealsies.
          sigpic

Comment

I think I'm going to go electrocute myself now
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Works good on Crovettes. (as pictured)

Comment

i have a remote turbo setup

my turbo sits in my closet but i can feel it making me faster! how that for remote?
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

damn I hadn't thought of that! I have a remote mount TRIPLE turbo rig AND a single manifild mount for a total QUAD turbo twin T3/1 Vj20/1 VJ23 setup! The one in the garage help it spool faster I'm just sure of it.
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

mine is so remote it's in another country right now hard to keep the egt's up

Comment

Mines remote.....remotely in my engine bay where it belongs. Truthfully I saw this before and wondered why anyone would do it. I mean if it rains you shouldn't drive it. Snow....forget that. When could you drive it and be safe. Think of the road debree(sp) that gets kicked up.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

every single post besides the first one qualifies you as a jackass.

each & every one of your assumptions was never put into question form.
                        he asked if it could be done. didn't specify what type or size turbo.

quit being jackasses & give some positive feedback.

to answer the original question.
                        Yes it can be done.
                        you will have to feed/circulate pressurized [x psi] to the turbo with an external oil pump.
                        piping will reduce PSI a few pounds.
                        exhaust gases are cooler. but can be kept somewhat warm through ceramic coatings & or exhaust wrapping.
                        water cooling will be similar to the oil.

anyone who criticizes you for doing it should F off, & give you more motivation to do it.

a dual turbo system could be run in enlarging turbos as well. but that would get mighty complicated.

a positive about this can allow you to run a header in sense of Na application retaining more efficient exhaust flow similar to that of a normal NA.
                        depending on turbo size. linear powerband of this system would be amazing.
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Don't encourage him.

The only reason for running a remote turbo setup is when underhood space is at a premium, say, in a Corvette or F-body. These cars have plenty of off-boost torque to minimize the terrible boost lag that you get with this setup.

In a car like ours, where there is plenty of space for a conventional turbo setup, and the torque of a lawn mower, there is NO reason to use a remote mount turbo setup.
                          sigpic

Comment

the only time a remote turbo setup should even be considered is if you have a v8. or maybe a fatty v6. but even then, usually your money is better spent on bolt ons, a supercharger, or a standard turbo setup.

there's a reason why remote mount turbo's aren't very popular.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                              every single post besides the first one qualifies you as a jackass.
                              each & every one of your assumptions was never put into question form.
                              he asked if it could be done. didn't specify what type or size turbo.

quit being jackasses & give some positive feedback.

to answer the original question.
                              Yes it can be done.
                              you will have to feed/circulate pressurized [x psi] to the turbo with an external oil pump.
                              piping will reduce PSI a few pounds.
                              exhaust gases are cooler. but can be kept somewhat warm through ceramic coatings & or exhaust wrapping.
                              water cooling will be similar to the oil.

anyone who criticizes you for doing it should F off, & give you more motivation to do it.

a dual turbo system could be run in enlarging turbos as well. but that would get mighty complicated.

a positive about this can allow you to run a header in sense of Na application retaining more efficient exhaust flow similar to that of a normal NA.
                              depending on turbo size. linear powerband of this system would be amazing.
                              So kitty can pretty much troll 80% of the threads he posts in yet we are jackass's?

and my bad for not realizing this was a serious post, the multiple punctuations per sentence, multiple emoticons and general lack of structure or prior research in the original post thru me off
                              Last edited by MD323; 12-21-2008, 08:24 AM.
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                              X