Engine Vaccume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Vaccume

Ok so im starting to get my parts list going, and want to get the tial Q 50mm bov. Well to figure out the spring you need to know engine vac. Well how am I supposed to know that without running the motor on the setup I will have, 8.8:1 and hopefully a gtr intake manifold if I can find one. Just trying to see what you guys are running vac wise. Or am I going about this the wrong way.

here are the springs compared to vac to show what I would need to get

6psi = vac between 8 and 11

8psi = vac between 12 and 15

10psi = vac between 16 and 19

11psi = vac between 20 and 21

12psi = vac between 22 and 23
    sigpic

i get 20-22 at idle and 10 cruise

why a tial and not something simple like a ssqv or even synapse recirculated

Comment

I get 18-20 at idle. 8-16 cruising. 28 when I let off the gas while driving.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

19-21 inch/vac at idle...

You haven't run the engine?... no breaking it in yet?... breaking it in with the turbo setup?

I just don't understand why you need vac for a wastegate spring, the spring pressure is how much boost and how soon you want it to open.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
        Member of MX-3.com
        1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
        1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post
          19-21 inch/vac at idle...

You haven't run the engine?... no breaking it in yet?... breaking it in with the turbo setup?

I just don't understand why you need vac for a wastegate spring, the spring pressure is how much boost and how soon you want it to open.
          Im not even close to that far yet lol, When time gets to it im probably going to be breaking in the motor on low boost. Idk if that is good or not? But this isnt for the wastegate, its for the BOV.
          sigpic

Comment

That's just odd that it would need a different spring for a different vac... you just need one that keeps stuff shut when it needs to, and opens ASAP when it needs to.

Well, I guess it's better than those diaphram things... yay for flutter.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
            Member of MX-3.com
            1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
            1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Working...
            X