X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
    i'll contact the seller

edit: he emailed me back

Yes However, This is just the compressor housing and compressor wheel included in this auction. It would need to be installed on your existing turbo and the bearing housing needs to be machined to accept the larger wheel. You would use the stock exhaust side. I would suggest a reputable turbo shop perform these tasks and balance the turbo.

I don't know why you would have to have the bearing housing machined. Is it because the wheel is bigger therefore longer?
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

best bet is to have a shop inspect it and assess the situation anyways, it'll have to be rebalanced after having the wheel off. He advised it will fit though after a small amount of work though. I'll be getting this if he has more available in a few months.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
        best bet is to have a shop inspect it and assess the situation anyways, it'll have to be rebalanced after having the wheel off. He advised it will fit though after a small amount of work though. I'll be getting this if he has more available in a few months.

I want one just cant afford one or the machining involved.
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

Heck, this is not pnp at all, lots of money involved just for a small HP gain. Like Ryan said, confirm before spreading BS.

Nick, just replace the wheel and rebalance the turbo, that's all you need.

Comment

yep, im sorry about the confusion, i read else where it was pnp, but after confirming it with the seller, it's not.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

hey no problem, I appreciate the info. Gives me **** to look into.
              So what would be a quick bolt on upgrade at this point?
              Is there anything that's worth doing or should I just stick with the VJ-20 wheel?
              I don't want to over complicate the whole situation, but since I'm already getting some work done to it I might as well do it right.

Nick
              Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
              sigpic

Comment

technically speaking.... the VJ11 wheel is the same on both ends as a VJ20.

Exception being the VJ11 outlet is much better designed then that of the 2 bolt flange & gasket on the VJ20

perhaps grab a cheapo VJ11. or keep ur eye out for a VF hybrid

you can run that turbo just fine without worry of it killing the turbo. point reasoning the damage was done to it while spinning @ x rate---to a certain level it is already balanced in rotation & wont' further damage the unit.

The only downfall is it will lack being as powerful next to a good compressor wheel.

Boost be with you
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Actually the compressor wheel is now no longer of this world.
                  One of my good buddies decided that since it wasn't really good anymore he should try grabbing it with vice grips...you know the kind of thing you do after 10-12 beers and a few home rolled cigarettes
                  of course the wheel didn't enjoy that so I definitely need another one now.
                  So besides the slight VJ-11 upgrade, is anything else bolt on?

Nick
                  Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
                    Actually the compressor wheel is now no longer of this world.
                    One of my good buddies decided that since it wasn't really good anymore he should try grabbing it with vice grips...you know the kind of thing you do after 10-12 beers and a few home rolled cigarettes
                    of course the wheel didn't enjoy that so I definitely need another one now.
                    So besides the slight VJ-11 upgrade, is anything else bolt on?

Nick
                    Trunk Monkey says Drunk Monkey needs to stay away from valuables.
                    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

sorry to hear. search for a VFhybrid, it'll instantly satisfy your need for boost from a NA perspective. that feeling/fear should stick around for a little while too

boost be with you
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                      X