Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goin turbo in the future

noob ALERT!!!!

from what i searched is it going to work?

gtx injectors
    bp26 ecu
    apexi safc
    fuel pump off a rx7
    maf off a rx7 but need a tune?
    vj11? vf20? please help me decide

i ve been try searching thats all i got

btw my bp has 99 miata cams

and i m not sure if i should get megasquirt or apex safc i couldnt find info my search skiils are terrible
    swapping into another shell!

The the MS support on this board and miataturbo.net you would have hardly any problems getting up and running on MS. Plus, if you buy the Tuner Studio, you input what you want to end up with, and it will tune your maps for you. SUPER EASY! I would try and find a vj20 or a vj20/vf10 hybrid and if you do the hybrid, get some 460 injectors. But what you have right now, would be a good start, just don't get a safc, that's the poor man's way of tuning.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

You dont even need a safc if you go bp26 ecu
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

Heres my write up on feoa
        "Who Dey"

Comment

i dont have nothing YET i m looking to see what i m going to need to start buying

do i still need ms if i had bp26 ecu? oh boy i need alot of searching and lot to learn! cuz i dont know how to figure what injectors, turbo, fuel pump pressure that i need to make it work together and i dont even know shizzle. LOL but i still have FEW experiencs wit my old Da i did head gasket on it, it was warped. thats about it.

so i fixed this!
          b code maf or k code maf with u code guts???
          4 wire tps
          460 injectors
          vj20
          megasquirt
          Last edited by bp_turbo'd; 08-27-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

MS is a standalone. no ECU needed if you run MS but if you go SAFC then youll keep your ECU. i say go MS w/vj20
            Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
            99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
            01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Personally I think you need a straight up gtx setup

Vj20 or vj11
              Gtx ecu
              B code rx7 vaf
              Gtx or f2t injectors
              Fmic
              Bypass valve(not blow off)
              Gtx exhuast manifold
              Down pipe

That's pretty much it. You'll need some fittings for oil and water feed and tap an oil pan for oil drain but its a nice setup and will make you happy while learning about turbos more
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so the gtx ecu is bp26 correct? so i dont need bigger than gtx injectors? and the wastegate are already on the turbo?
                Last edited by bp_turbo'd; 08-28-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I agree with Turpo. Most of those things you can find here in the for sale section and for cheap. I am going boost soon and just about have everything Turpo listed without spending more than 400 bucks. It's all plug and play too!!
                  -Oscar

Comment

oh really? thanks i ll be spendin my money for some turbo stuff i ve been itchin to get it boosted and soon i m paying someone locally to get my pro running again then i ll start looking for some turbo stuff cant wait to get my license back too ugh

Comment

Like i said read my link.
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

Goin MS is the way to go, but if for now while you familiarize yourself with the mods etc, installing an Apex is not a bad idea.

I know many dislike piggy backs, but I do notice, at least with the Apex, that it sends out a cleaner signal.

I installed one on a completely stock GT and immediately I could tell the difference. The car was much responsive, idle was very smooth and top end felt very aggressive.

Goog luck, lets see how your project turns out.

Comment

the project will be a while cuz its sitting right now running roughly and plus i dont have driver license due not paying my fines i want it to be right before i start driving so i m getting ms i aint in hurry though i m getting a 2nd gen integra 4 door for dd when i get my lic back so the pro will be parked and start working on it

Comment

Working...
                          X