First AutoX of the season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First AutoX of the season!

yay! We finally had the first autoX of the season last weekend. I originally was going to go to Shawano for a lapping day at USAIR, but then the insurance company backpedaled and messed everything up, so I went to the (closer) autoX at Columbus 151 speedway instead.

The weather was sucky. Heats 1 and 3 got sunshine and dryness. Heats 2 and 4 (which I was driving) got cold, clouds, and rain, especially heat 2. But that's what makes it fun! (I gotta keep telling myself that!). I got beat by a Honda. Granted, he wasn't in my class, and it was an S2K C/R on new Hoosier A6's, but still, he was my target. I'm still waiting to get the official results, but here's a video I made of my runs.

Youtube Clicky McClickster.

--sarge

Looks like lots of fun... Interesting set up being on a little speed way like that... The S2K C/Rs are damn fast... good luck catching him...

Comment

That's what makes it a good challenge, and a good target to aim for. He's got new A6's, I'm on 7-year-old A5's. He had sun and dry during his heats, I had cold and wet in mine. I think that's worth the less than 2 seconds he beat me.

A few of my other friends just got S2K's last fall/winter (not C/R's though), so now I'm going to have to step up my game bigtime. Maybe I'll actually buy some new tires! lol.

--sarge

Comment

new tires will be the ticket for sure... Sounds like if you had dry weather you would have been a lot closer...

Comment

A5s were some of the worst tires Hoosier put out. I can't believe you haven't corded them yet, but maybe thats because they should be hard as a rock by now.

Comment

I got the A5's on clearance from Hoosier for cheap, when the A6's came out. They sat in storage until 2009 when I finally got the engine in the car rebuilt. I had a set of 255/40-13 A6's that I also use (phenomenal) but they're completely worn out now. I LOVE the effective gear ratio change of the short 13's... puts me mid-powerband in 3rd gear for the bigger/faster courses, and mid/upper 2nd-gear for the short/tight ones. win/win!

--sarge

Comment

Lucky you being able to run 13's... I wish, but with my KLDE swap they shortens my 2nd gear way to much, plus a 13" rim doesn't clear my brakes..

Comment

Working...
              X