a few races and a few stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few races and a few stories

i was on my way following my boss to the bank to make a deposit drop. when we came on a red light. there was a Gray and red z24 cavaler sitting there with a punk in it trying to get my boss to make my friend race him. he owns a S-10 baja. he turned him down. i barked my tires and he looked around. i was behind my boss he was waving me to take him. the light turned green we went the guy in the z24 was going about 35mph i kept it in 2nd gear cause i was going to go for it. we got side by side i started to accelerate i herd him nail it, so i got into it .

we started out side by side and i slowly started to get ahead when i shifted into third i was cooking about 50-55mph it ended up i was about like 5 car length's ahead before i let off in 4th gear going about 80mph. he wanted more but since my clutch is screwed up and i am not really into racing my car. i like most other people thank that racing is meant for the track not the road. but i could not stop looking at him in that car looking so flashy and knowing my car looking like it does with its fender and door crashed and my painted black stock steel rims. and he looked like a prep so i had to try to shut him down and did.

my car starts to pull like a scalded dog when the RPM's get above 3000-3500

my car is a Protege DX. and if my car can do that to a z24 then i bet a LX can purely own one.

when i first got my Pro i ran it a bit hard and was stupid. luck was with me for not getting pulled over any of the times or crashing or hurting someone

things i raced against

a 90's model 5.0 mustang : i took him on launch and in second gear but since my clutch don't want to grab every time i shift it would not grab the gear and i would loose more distance when i hit 3rd gear i lost allot of momentum. he finally passed me.

eagle talon turbo : i screwed up and tried in 3rd gear on a rolling start.

a skylark with a big block : tried to take from line. it didnt blow me away but was slowly leaving me.

a older 90's model neon : the neon stood no chance.

a newer 2000 model neon : we could not pass each other.

a 90's model pontiac sunfire : i stood no chance against him he had NOS and a turbo. but he still didnt leave me like he thought he would till he hit the NOS.

a few truck's but they didnt come close to win

my bosses 2000's model dodge stratus auto with his and hers shifter: i won to say the least .

my bosses Plymouth colt GL auto( i think it was a GL) i pwned him, a few day's ago the motor blew up in it. he traded a 91 mazda 626 for it about 3-4 month's ago and he got burnt on that deal. when he first got it it was out of time and not a single knock or tic came from the motor and didnt miss or run badly.

they set the timing correctly and the motor had a knock when it would first start up then go away but the valves was chattering badly. we was on our way back from making the nightly drop it was knocking real bad. i pulled out first from the parking lot he followed he was going slowly at first then he gained speed and passed me it sounded like it was in low 2. he got about 3 car length's ahead then i seen a huge amount of smoke and then i seen a rod one side of it was almost white hot. then i seen a part of the cylinder then a huge piece of motor block.

he still gained speed and did a high speed turn on a corner and made it to a gas station where it died. he went in and bought some chips and wondered if it would start. and sure enough it did. he drove it out the parking lot in hopes to get it and him home. it went 4-5 more likes before it started to lock up and it stalled. my friend that has the S-10 Baja pulled him home with a piece of rope. we got him home and he tried to start it again and all you herd was like a piece of chalk on a board making the squeal of death. i went home and i found out he got it to start the next day and then he towed it to the scrap yard.

but most of this was when i was stupid when i first got my pro.

i dont want to kill my car so i hardly ever do it. almost never now. i have respect for it ( i always had) but i was stupid.

i think this will be its last race. i want to keep my car in good running order. it has 145k miles on it and runs great. the motor does have a slight tic when at idle but nothing else.

its time to drive it normal i will only run it hard if i have no other choice to. plus i know the risk's driving like this and could kill someone or myself and i dont want that to happen.
    it was fun and all but no more for me (racing on the road that is with my pro)

if you want to see what my Pro looks like on the other side go here and scroll down
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24470 yea yea i know the pic's are not good quality (junk cam) but they are pic's to say the least
    Last edited by madmax_2069; 07-05-2007, 04:55 AM. Reason: correcting a mistake cause of being tired when i originally posted it
    stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Originally posted by madmax_2069 View Post

trying to get my boss to race him. he owns a S-10 baja.

my bosses Plymouth colt GL auto

my friend that has the S-10 Baja pulled him home with a piece of rope.
    Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

let me explain.

first off oops error, i was tired when i posted this, My boss use to own the S10 BAJA but sold it back to the guy that sold it to him cause the guy was in a hard spot and was without a car cause what he was going to do fell threw for him. when he sold it, its tranny was on the verge of going out and My boss didnt drive it much cause of it (he was planning on replacing the tranny). so when things fell threw for the guy My boss sold it back to him and he drove it till the tranny went out ( he went to the junk yard to buy one to replace the bad tranny with) and now is in 100% working order again.

My boss was riding in the passenger side and the guy in the z24 was trying to get my boss to make the guy race him.

the reason he was riding with him was cause his colt's motor threw a rod (i might have put them out of order as well.

so now my boss and his GF has to share the dodge stratus, she gets to use it for work and he gets a ride to work cause she leaves out around 7:30AM and dont get back till 5PM or 6PM and he dont go in till 3:30PM.

i hope this explains a little

Comment

lol
        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
          lol
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
            oh?
            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
              oh?
              **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
              95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

heh lol

Comment

Originally posted by madmax_2069 View Post

my car starts to pull like a scalded dog when the RPM's get above 3000-3500

Comment

lol the B8 does not pull like a 'scalded dog' at any RPM. If anything, it doesn't pull at all below 3000rpm and pulls like a normal car from 3750-6000.

I'm going to have to call BS on your Mustang 'kill' too. lol. Stock 5.0 will tear you up. More likely you tore off the line, he took off normally, then put his foot down for 2 seconds and passed you while you played with the your broken tranny. It was probably a 4 cyl mustang (or V6) depending on the model year.

I currently own a B8 5 sp. myself, and previously owned an auto B8. It's not as much of a dog as the hp numbers would have most people believe, but it's no racer either. Really the only thing you have going for you is the 5 sp, because 95% of cars driving around are autos.

In perfect conditions, with a good condition manual DX and an aggressive launch, you should be able to manage something close to 8.5-9.0s 0-60, which should translate to a mid-high 16 1/4 mile. Use that as a basis for what is realistically beatable in a B8.

Comment

Working...
                    X