No announcement yet.

Tire bulging!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the ze-512 on my protege, they are great. excellent traction wet and dry, and good enough for light snow use, hence the M+S rating on it

and they are very cheap compared to other tires!

go to www.vulcantire.com if you wan the ZE-512's!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

I just bought a set of the 512's (195/65/14) not mounted yet. . . paid 184 for all 4 including shipping @ vulcan, good shipping too

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        yeah? so you can see where you're headed... your steering wheel is turned full lock in one direction, you're still going straight... what chance is there?

dude, he has a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car... if he oversteers, all he has to do is plant the gas to rebalance the car, duh
        yeah let me see YOU do that when your tail end all of a sudden comes around on an onramp on a rainy day, mr autox superstar

IMO, only a few people on this forum may have the skill to pull that off (i know i sure as hell can't catch it most of the time, maybe on a really good day lol), also, that only helps during the very beginning of an oversteer. once the tail REALLY starts coming around FWD has NO chance of recovery.

when a FWD car understeers, the easiest way to correct it is simply let off the throttle, ease up on the brake, and let the grip on the front tires to be used more for turning than stopping. You may not be able to catch it in time to keep it back in line, but you WILL get some steering back, and that may just well be enough difference between staying on the pavement or hitting the ditch.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

why the hell would you use gps to check your speedometer? Just use a stopwatch, mile markers, and the cruise control set on 60 on a freeway, # of seconds between mile markers = true speed, a lot cheaper.

Comment

gps is probably more accurate and if you already have one, why not?

Thanks for the advice regarding the 205/50 vs 45. I think I will look at 50 instead.

Anyone ever hear of Predator tires? They're made by Mohawk. 412 for a set 205/50 installed. Trying to find some stuff about them but google really isn't saying much.
            Last edited by jlanger; 04-10-2004, 10:29 AM.
            2003 Protege5
            Midnight Blue MTX
            2002 Protege LX
            Black Mica MTX

Comment

no, gps really wouldn't be any more accurate. . . about the same

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                no, gps really wouldn't be any more accurate. . . about the same
                care to expand on that...
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                  care to expand on that...
                  GPS for public use is not very accurate (compared to military GPS).

Comment

Public use GPS units are getting pretty good. Most I think are up to 3-4 meters in accuracy. My cousing (who does survey work and has access to better units) tells me that the units his agency is using is good to a few centimeters. Don't neccesarily believe him but I do know that even the civilian models are getting more and more precise.
                    2003 Protege5
                    Midnight Blue MTX
                    2002 Protege LX
                    Black Mica MTX

Comment

the stop watch and the gps aren't really going to yield different numbers, lets see. . . 2.50 for a stopwatch at the drug store 200 for gps. . . besides, if it's good enough for the dealership, it's good enough for me

Comment

Why bother though? Just seems like a waste of time/effort/money.

Comment

waste of time/effort/money = fun to some people!
                          2003 Protege5
                          Midnight Blue MTX
                          2002 Protege LX
                          Black Mica MTX

Comment

hahaha, very true

Comment

The accuracy of civilian GPS systems is actually regulated by the government. High-precision GPS is avoided to avoid them to be used in home-made tracking devices for missiles or what-not. Possibly far-fetched? That's probably why they allowed the precision to be improved on civilian units a few years ago. I don't know exatly how good they are now.
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i think its less than 10 meters, but don't quote me on that

Comment

Working...
                                X