yet another mazda noob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another mazda noob!

hey guys and girls. i just bought my first mazda today(i'll get pics up soon). i've owned several modded nissans and was gonna buy another to mod and then i saw the green 1995 dx 5sp sitting at a dealership for 2 grand and loved the way it drove so i bought it(despite the ugly puke-green interior haha). its more of a daily driver for now, can't afford to race it and blow it up haha.

anyway, it drove fine in the test drive. but now its idling funny. i looked on the forums and it seems lots of people have this problem with the 1.5, some worse than others. mine will idle fine sometimes and then suddenly sputter and the check engine light comes on, then it corrects itself.

is it a vacuum leak? ignition problem? tranny/clutch problem? someone has got to know since the problem is so common apparently.
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls"

Welcome to cp

I believe RicardoS had that problem as well as a few others. You'll just have to do a good search for the answer. Sorry I can't help must as I'm a 1st gen guy . Good luck
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

thanks man. nice 1g by the way. clean as hell.
      "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls"

Comment

Working...
      X