Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob here!...and with a KIA! (Mazda Based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the Kia Sephia 1.8 is like the mazda 1.8 and they changed the name to spectra, are those engines all the same? and you said about a Tiburon..is that motor also the same? i have a sephia and i cant hardly find parts for it. Is there anyway to find parts for those other motors and out them on my sephia motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyflgl View Post
      Since the Kia Sephia 1.8 is like the mazda 1.8 and they changed the name to spectra, are those engines all the same? and you said about a Tiburon..is that motor also the same? i have a sephia and i cant hardly find parts for it. Is there anyway to find parts for those other motors and out them on my sephia motor?
      What year sephia? 94-97 was a bp just like the 1st gen protege. 98 they changed it. I was actually looking at a 98+ intake manifold and was thinking of seeing if it would work on a old bp. Looks like some crazy runners.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

a couple days ago i stumbled across a site called kx performance . it has quite a few products for the kia cars . ive been looking at customers cars coming into the shop lately mostly kia and some stuff looks like it may almost fit ...

Comment

Nice ride, alot of work put into it. Keep up the awesome work.
          ]

Comment

KFX Performance does carry quite a few parts for the 98+ T8D engine. They do not carry much in the lines of the BP. I do not know why, since the BP was avaliable fo so many vehicles and so many people have beefed them up. The T8D does not share parts with the BP.

The Tiburon shares the same engine as the 2004 1/2 to current Spectra. They have the 2.0 litre Beta II. That is due to the fact that both Hyundai and Kia have merged.

I have heard of people swapping engines out from the BP to the T8D. I have not heard of them swapping up to the Beta II. If I remember correctly, the two engines (Beta and BP) are so different that the swap would require some extensive engine bay modifications and some custom CV shafts.

Comment

whats up buddy how was the weekend ?we got a project on tue or wed .

Comment

I almost bought a 2000 sephia of a guy I work with till the ecu went crazy and blew the motor up(still don't get that but anyways). His neighbor bought the car and slapped a toyota solara v6 in it. I never saw it but did you ever see any info of that swap floating around?
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I only know a small amount about proteges internally, and even less about Kias, but if you wanted a beefier motor, could you swap to a pro 1.8L?

Comment

My sephia is a 2000.

Comment

my kia is a 2000.. im looking to make the motor alot better and faster. what can i do?

Comment

Hop over to www.streetkiaz.com and speak with a guy by the name of KEVO. He has the T8D fully built and also has all of the information that you would need to locate the rods, pistons, cams ect. I have been folowing his turbo build for some time now and man is his engine sa-weet!

My s/n over there is "virgo26m". If you need help just ask in a post and someone will point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                        X