New Guy from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy from Canada

Hey, found this site surfing earlier today, and figured it would give me something else to do in class other than paying attention... I'm driving a '99 4 door Protege - using it a fair bit on the highway - so left most things stock under the hood. Other than that, have added a few things inside and out... mazdaspeed seats, shifter from a mazda 3, alpine speakers and deck, clear corner lights, lowering springs, little bit of a body kit, exhaust, and some different wheels.

Anyhow, I'll ask a questions or two for fun as well...

I was originally on this site looking at a forum post about headlights for these cars... Any suggestions on headlights / taillights for this car? Was thinking of some smoked / black ones... If you know of some, where do I get 'em?

Any other suggestions for this car? Any upgrades out there that would help gas mileage out? (It's already awesome compared to my previous car - a '79 Chevy 1/2 ton with a tweaked 454 haha. I could switch between 2 gas-tanks before - $200 to fill last summer!!).

Thanks! Hope to stick around for a while on here...
    Jason
    Attached Files

welcome and most people use a clear tinted paint (model paint in most hobby shops carry it ) to smoke their lenses. would look good with smoked lenses going with the blacked out look
    Check out the Pics
    sigpic
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
    Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Welcome. Car looks good. Please don't rice it out. It looks perfect right now. I'm sure you can black out the headlights yourself by cooking them in an oven(don't follow my rules because I've never done it but I do believe there's a write up here somewhere) and removing the plastic. Then spray where it needs blacked out. Or maybe ebay has some?
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

welcome to the club man;
        the car looks good.
        by the way for your info.
        that's not a body kit!
        simply a front air dam for your gen protege.

for the tailight try VHT nightshade to give them a light smoke
        and for the headlights. you can bake them to melt the silicone seal; open em up and paint the reflector edge in black. and seal them back up.
        | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Welcome aboard !
          The car looks good!