New Mazda owner here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mazda owner here!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and from what i see it looks pretty legit so i thought i would introduce myself. My 1994 Mazda protege DX is my seventh car I've owned and I've decided to stick with it for awhile. I don't know what it is about that little car but its started to grow on me so i decided to make it a little project. I'm pretty new to the Mazda seen but my parents are now on there 7th one with my dads new 2010 Mazda 3 with all the little goodies on it. I traded my second 93 Saturn SL2 and $250 for the protege. When i got the car (no offense) it looked like a mexican had done its way with it. Flame seat covers, chrome wheel covers, blue fog lights (that were never hooked up right), led washer fluid squirters etc. So i got rid of all the rice and started from there. Luckily the guy actually kelpt up on the service of the protege so its been pretty stress free since ive had it.

Things I've replaced:
    New spark plugs and wires
    New front rotors and pads
    Three newer tires
    And now I'm in the middle of replacing the rear struts but I'm trying to find a nice and not to pricey set of coil overs but cant find them ANYWHERE.

So pretty much I've joined the site for advice, where i can find some parts for this thing, common problems? and of coarse the love of Mazdas lol.

Oh and there is about 20 of these things at my local upullandpay. So I've been keeping my eye open for new and unique parts.

Comment

cincy???? We must meet up. I'm over behind kings island. Need some advice or help shoot me a pm. Even though my car plans fail I have a lot of knowledge from the 6+ yrs on here
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Nice im just outside colerain you could say. And i could use all the advice you have to give really. Nice car btw.

Comment

welcome along man

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStones View Post
            Nice im just outside colerain you could say. And i could use all the advice you have to give really. Nice car btw.
            Thanks. It's not looking as great lately as I've neglected it. PM me your number and I'll text you.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

welcome to the site :D
              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Working...
              X