Building a BPT Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a BPT Festiva

Hi Guys, Bryant from Zanesville, Ohio. Over the next couple years I will be building a BPT Festiva. I have been told by many that you all are the best Mazda tuning info laden group of guys there are. Thanks in advance for any questions you guys answer.

welcome to CP man this place is great and some of the guys here know more then any one person should when it comes to mazdas...

shoot a PM to HotWheels he has 2 turbo'd festivas.. and can def help ya out with a lot of the festiva stuff.. me n him are both in IL about a 40min drive west of chicago

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
        I have been told by many that you all are the best Mazda tuning info laden group of guys there are.

For the most part, but I highly suggest to visit every now and then miataturbo.net and mx-3.com.

Between the three sites you will find more than enough info regardless of N/A or boosted.

Welcome!

Comment

welcome aboard. a bp/bpt festiva is great fun
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

gomez welcome! lemme know if you are looking for some turbo parts.
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

^ you bet I am always looking for turbo stuff. Problem is I just spent all my spending cash. Looking at a JDM BP-T from a GT-R, but waiting on cash. Might be a while on that though.

Comment

you can build a better and cheaper setup than a GTR with a stock BP and some searching.
                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Kinda wondering that myself but some of the other forums just don't have the knowledge or experience with BP-T's. I thought it would just be easier but was kinda wantin to get into the 300+ range. Seen a couple pull 300 in recent times. Remember I am a newbie to turbo but not to a sweet build.

Quick rundown on what to get? Do I lower compression? Rods? etc etc

Comment

300 in a Festiva would be downright scary.
                    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                    VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

higher compression. no lower then 9:1. NA BP's are 8.8:1 & poochy as sin IMHO
                      put some forged rods in the bottom of it & equip the head with +1mm SS valves.
                      add boost & enjoy.

mind you the festiva chassis was never designed for that type of power.... so i highly encourage reinforcing the engine bay-chassis.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                        mind you the festiva chassis was never designed for that type of power.... so i highly encourage reinforcing the engine bay-chassis.
                        good one. I had wondered about that too. One of the others I had seen with 300 hp actually had serious front end issues. I think mostly a poor candidate for the swap to begin with (structure issues from age, rust, collision, etc or something to that effect). Something I will def look into though.

Comment

you should make strut tower bars that connect to the firewall and front end of the unibody
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I know Gregs 220 hp Festiva gets nasty in 3rd gear when he bangs it.

His car will shoot right like 4 feet, scares the crap outta the people he's racing lol
                            _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              _Shocker_ 88 Festiva B6T

Comment

Working...
                              X