a newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a newbie!

hello from canada winnipeg exactly,seasons grettings....i have owned a mazda protege since 1991,a lx model also have a 1993 canadian gt dohc, great car but the rust got her, so gonna try a motor swap , the dohc standard from the 93 to the 91 sohc automatic, is it a easy swap? or does some know someone in wpg that does that kinda work?

welcome to the forum, sorry i cannot help you with your quest at this juncture

Comment

Welcome to CP. Season's Greetings to you, also.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

welcome sloppy. the search feature is your friend . you should be able to find all the info you need for your swap..

Comment

Hi Sloppy... may the 93 GT rest in pieces...let's see now...I know of about 8 of them, I have two, so 490 93 GT's to go and mine will be the only one!! lol

Yep like the others say, search that auto to manual swap... it's been covered more times than you could imagine...
          91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
          2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
          Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
          My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

hey sloppy yeah its easy all u have to do is swap the engine and tranny out u have to keep tranny mount maybe timing belt side mount too i m not sure never done sohc to dohc but done atx to mtx so u still have to swap the pedals out and jump a wire in one of the plug i ll try to find pics now for wiring harness and ecu u have to swap that too im sure theres more to it good luck

pics below is what u have to jump wire
            Attached Files
            swapping into another shell!

Comment

sorry forgot to post this 1

Comment

hope that helps a bit

Comment

you have the two side by side so this makes the swap even easier . besides all the mechanical parts you also want the engine harness and ecu . then literally as you unbolt a part from one car . carry it over to the other and swap it . swapping to the GT harness eliminates any jumpering or wiring issues mentioned above

Comment

Working...
                  X