bf wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bf wagon

so im from new zealand and have a 95 bf series 323 wagon, standard as engine wise lowered with 17's and a few other bits. newbie as at this so when i figure how to put some pics up ill do it. Im mainly here to get some tech advise from other wagon owners and get and see if anyone else had rear drive converted one??

Whale cum. Definitely post up some pics when you can. I'm a sucker for wagons.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wagons FTW. Welcome. Anxiously awaiting pics.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

couple pics ill get some more up, iv'e got some pretty cool plans for this thing.
        the main plan/wish is 4wd rear subframe and sr20det hahahaha
        dreams are free right?
        Attached Files

Comment

not too crazy about those 17's. but otherwise, nice wagon!

NW MAZDAS

Comment

on a side note this was registered new in nz in 1995 but is a bf chassis and a 1500cc carby engine front wheel drive
            kinda weird considering its a 80's chassis with a 86 motor facelift bumpers and all stock standard body wize

after browsing through the forums my idea of rear driving this with a 4wd subframe came to an abrupt end hahahaha. it can be done but would make alot more sense to use a factory 4wd wagon to save a lot of coin fabricating mounts and tunnel for drive shaft.... ill still need to chop the firewall and some of the gearbox tunnel to make the sr20 and box fit and get a driveshaft made.
            but just saw a rolling body 4wd wagon same shape for $1000 nz dollars, on a kiwi version of ebay. (600-700 american) so might just buy that instead and swap bits between the two.

when this build starts (witch will be in the very near future) ill be documenting the whole build, anyone who has tried this or completed something like this please hit me up about your tech dramas because i know this wont be too hard out but will be definatley fun. ie steering box, exaust and crossmembers.

ill have roughly 10grand to try build this thing and am amping to get started.

Comment

haha yea not really my choice of wheels either but were on the wag when i brought it, and dont see the point in wasting money just yet on wheels, ive got a massive list to get through 1st.

Comment

that thing is NOICE!
                1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Looks sick! Wish we got those in South Africa.

Your wagon is pretty dam low.. how much is it dropped?

P.s, whos Mazda is this?
                  Last edited by Desolation; 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM.

Current project: FE3 323

Comment

Your car is sick and yes I agree about not liking the wheels. That black cars front end is sweet
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I agree with everything said above.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Iv'e put super low king springs and chopped off half a coil haha. there still captive though so not too illegal, it's probably been dropped about 100mm but not exactly sure, im getting coilovers for it though and will see how low it can really go.

The bfmr is my wife's friend's, and is owned by a 26 year old chick with two kids, it's just been resprayed black with matt black details. looks pretty sick huh? the motor is stock 1600 twincam and stock turbo. all it really need's is to be lowered.

Comment

Its so sick!

Dont you have problems with your wheels knocking through?

Current project: FE3 323

Comment

the last photo was when we went away for the weekend so i had me and the missus plus our two year old and all our **** in the back, thats prob why it looks sooooo low, ive got 205 40 17's and have no issues at all with rubbing or knocking in the front or back, (other than the shocks hitting the bumpstops on our ****ty road's,) i have rolled the lip on the gaurds up though, must be the perfect offset on the rims?? probably good luck rather than good management haha.

Comment

Working...
                            X