Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! Just starting a bf build.

Hiya guys,
    Lurked around here for a couple of years, pretty much read the entire forum atleast once.

Picked up my 4th DD b series mazda a couple of weeks ago. I learned to drive in one, and I've always had one as a DD. (Got a couple other "toys", but I really like these little cars for getting from a to b.)

Been looking for a relatively cancer free shell for a project for a couple of years now...
    maz 2.jpg

Finally found a 99% clean one
    Just wanted to say hi to all before I scuttle off to the bf forums.

So... Um...
    Hi.
    I have a kinda warped sense of humor, Like a beer and a , laidback kinda guy. Had most of the 80-90s chassis apart over time, So I pretty much know my way around all of 'em, Just like I said, waiting to get my hands on an unmolested one before signing up.

See you on the flipside!
    Grimmy

Welcome aboard.. clean bf..

Comment

Nice bf mate, is it 4wd?

Comment

How about some engine pics?
        1986 Mazda 323 1.6L SOHC

Comment

damn that's CLEAN!
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Thanks guys. She's pretty clean, 1 careful lady owner (1 Not so careful teenage driver I suspect). Garaged and regularly serviced all her life has left her 99% cancer free. I don't wanna go into too much detail, the bf chassis forum is better suited to that. But...

Small quarter inch cancer hole top middle behind the windshield that had to have a lil bit of metalwork for the new windshield, and 1 leaky strut in the left rear. Sorted that all out and she flew thru her first inspection.

Engine bay wise she's just the E5 carby motor with a slushbox between that and the wheels. That's like looking at naked pics of Megan Fox. It does the job, but it's still kinda manky.

She did come with full electrics, which is something we don't see alot of in the "Budget" bf range here. Most are manual glass, no air-con, and don't have the moon roof. Which is something I'm really into.

There's a HEAP of cheap 626/Telstar GE's from the early 90's in the local pap's, and I work at the local indoor Karting facility, so full access to a fully stocked workshop with air etc is a real bonus.

Still undecided on weather to squish a KL in there, or drop an FE in. The KL's are cheap and easy to comeby here, But there's more custom fab work involved than the FE, which I'm pretty sure can be made fit with junkyard parts. Either way, the E5 HAS to go. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X