Hellooo :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellooo :)

Thought it was about time I joined up to a forum to find out a bit more about my car and get some help. Some of you guys might of seen me on Facebook I've probably added you at some point. My names Josh I'm from the UK and I drive a 1993 grey Mazda Familia GTR

I've had a few different jap cars in the past... a 1994 Honda civic eg 1.3 DX but like most it died of rust. I then bought a 1995 Mazda MX5 1.8 in california yellow and started learning to drift in it.. was good fun in my eyes but the police wernt too happy about it (5 points and £120 fine later) I then sold this as I had just bought my GTR :D and couldn't afford to keep both.
    I've had the GTR over a year now (learnt so much in that time) It came with quite a few mods... whiteline lowering springs, HKS BOV, HKS air filter, Hankook ventus NS2 tyres, 3" de cat exhaust and Apexi backbox, exedy clutch, mitsubishi FTO wheels (look **** lol) and last but not least an evo 6 front mount intercooler... the cause of so many problems! everytime i would hit boost hoses would blow off because the piping hadn't had the edges rolled, I invested in a bead roller and a new (much bigger) intercooler which solved the problem I also bought BC racing coilovers for it, recommend them to anyone! I've got a walbro 255 fuel pump, sytec fuel filter, iridium spark plugs, AEM tru boost controller, HID's and probably lots of small things that i cant remember.

I'm aiming to make this car for fast road and track use, got alot of plans for it just need the funds.
    Ran into alot of problems with things on my car so if anyone needs any help ill try where i can.. im sure you'd do the same for me
    I will post some pics of my car once I've figured out how to work this aha
    1993 Mazda Familia GTR BPD VJ23

sigpic

Welcome. Post some pics.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

My old civic eg (little bit ricer at this point)...

Then my MK1 MX5...

And now my GTR...
      The 3 mazdas on the drive

The twin pass intercooler. Not sure anyones done one on a GTR/GTX before but i found it was the most straight forward idea...

Coilovers...

Balljoints, trackrod ends and CV joints before they got replaced, easiest thing i've ever done on a car!...

sigpic

Comment

Nice car. Jealous of the sun roof. Loose the fart can.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Welcome!!

Did you have any issues using the forum so far? Or did the welcome PM help answer your basic questions?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Welcome to CP! Nice GTR! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.
            Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

Welcome to CP. Nice car.

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Thanks guys! nope no issues with the forum slowly finding my way around. Haha I hate my sunroof! wish I could find a GT-AE! do plan to lose the "fart can" eventually but came on the car and will do for now

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X