Hello all. Newbie checking in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all. Newbie checking in.

Greetings, just stopping in to introduce myself and share a picture of the new "father & son" project. The car is a 1989 323 SE it's my sons first car, he saved the money and bought it himself he's pretty excited. Runs really good for a 23 year old car. So the projects begin as soon as the shop manual arrives. Looking forward to it.
    Attached Files

Sorry didn't realize the picture was so big, I'll scale it down in the future.

Comment

He looks excited!

You called it a project. What do you plan on doing to it?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I think I use the term "project" loosely. For starters:

Going thru the suspension and getting it refurbished struts, bushings, brakes etc. Then it smokes sometimes when it starts up and then stops after about 30 seconds so I am leaning towards valve seals (not sure yet I'm still doing the research). The motor is solid from what I can tell and it doesn't look like the clutch needs attention yet so as far as dad is concerned it's a solid commuter car.

Wheels and tires are on order
        He's doing research on what he can do to the exterior for bumbers etc.
        then it's refurbish the seats or replace
        etc etc

He fell in love with it when he first drove it so hey what the heck he could be into worse things in life.

Comment

Sounds like a restoration. That's good. He doesn't need to go fast yet.

Leaky valve stem seals are really common, but not usually serious. Also valve cover gaskets and distributor o-rings.

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of information here. Have fun.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Welcome to CP .. Looking forward to updates . There is plenty of good info in here...

Comment

welcome I am a newbie as well

Comment

Working...
              X