New old guy member introduction with FE3 & Alltrac interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New old guy member introduction with FE3 & Alltrac interest

Good day to all members; have been a non active member on Yahoo GTX since 99 but haven't posted for years over there as my 2 GTXs have been just sitting on standby for me to get my butt in gear to do what I once dreamt I thought I could do.
    Anyhow, long story-short; I really like the members enthusiasm and the info on here regarding the FE3 transplants going on with the caveat of possibly doing the Alltrac tranny grafting on that KIA Sportage FE3 I'm going to pick up when one comes available here in Tucson.
    About me; I'm an ol'diyourselfer type that's been in the aviation business for way too long and I have my own private home shop/garage with all major tooling and equipment to... well, do it myself

That's about it for now; so regards to all and thanks for the access and all your devoted contributions.

-Mike B

Welcome
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Welcome. Let's see some GTX pictures.
      sigpic
      1992 Familia GT-X
      1988 323 GTX
      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to whatever pictures and such that you might have to share. FE3-323 (Ryan) is the guy to talk to if youre looking into FE3/GT4 setups, hes done plenty of research.

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
          Welcome. Let's see some GTX pictures.
          Wellll, it's just a kind-of stock looking GTX; this one I bought off eBay and got it from NC. It's got the MX6 IC, rre chip, mbc, galant big brakes/w 929 master and brembo disc, and a hybrid comp wheel from my older 94 Legacy turbo, CAI + 2.5 inch cbe. I also have on the rack a JDM front skin bumper that I bought more than 10 years ago from Corksport that I'll install once, like I said, get me'ol arse in gear... but for now, like my CDN one from BC, tey're both parked for now. My daily driver is my 05 Legacy GT, fmic, JDM twinscroll VF36/w MHI 20G wheel, modded injectors and set a 20 psi putting down 344whp.Next is my Volvo 780 that is in progress...
          Anyhow, I'll try and load'em up for ya... thanks for your interest

Front Lt.JPGResized Legy.jpg

Comment

Welcome aboard

If your going the kia sportage FE3 route. I have a lightened 5spd flywheel i could be convinced to part ways with.
            5spd flywheels are pretty rare to come across. but you might get lucky to find one in the junkyard
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              Welcome aboard

If your going the kia sportage FE3 route. I have a lightened 5spd flywheel i could be convinced to part ways with.
              5spd flywheels are pretty rare to come across. but you might get lucky to find one in the junkyard
              Certainly! Ryan (as I presume), I've been reading your valuable posts with great intent - good on you sir!
              Yeah, from what I've been able to read and retain, the sportage tentatively seems like the most cost-effective route for now, relatively speaking. So please do feel free to PM me with details for future consideration

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

-Mike

Comment

Working...
              X