1.5L to 1.8L swap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5L to 1.8L swap ?

does anyone know how this goes? they both came as an option for my 1997 protege. i believe the 1.5 is called a bp-ze. are there any major differences? plug wise and fitmint would probly be the same. but any info anyone has to offer would be nice.
    Attached Files

Actually the 1.5 is a Z5 and the 1.8 is a BP. I would get everything from engine mounts to the wiring harness for the smoothest swap possible. Some of the plugs might be the same, but the 1.8 has VICS and the 1.5 doesn't, so you'll need the proper wiring and ECU.

Other than that (since both engines came standard in this chassis), it should be a piece of cake swap.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

thanks theres a few in the junkyard with the engines removed. i might get the ecu and tranny and harness and anythign else needed there. and get a better engine somewhere else. i could rebuild a junkyard tranny if i find one not to bad. but do you know if the use the same tranny or not?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're all the same. The only difference would be a 1995 with a 1.8 which had a g-series transmission while 1996-1998 and the 1995 DX and LX all used an f-series transmission. Either one should bolt up just fine, though.

Comment

Working...
        X