Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOV is illegal where i live, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOV is illegal where i live, what to do?

Hi guys. I have bought a mazda 323 with the BPT swap already in it but it has a BOV and was wondering what im meant to replace the BOV with because ive taken the BOV off cuz its illegal here is Queensland, Australia. Do i need a hose on there instead and where does it go, this im a little confused with?? Please help..

013.jpg
    "Godspeed my friend"
    "Nah mate... Mazdaspeed"

There's no replacement for displacement. Simple.

bovs that recirculate arent illegal are they?

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Well it just went into the air. Are u saying u can get a recirculating BOV? If u can where does it go?
      "Godspeed my friend"
      "Nah mate... Mazdaspeed"

Comment

yes, a lot of BOVs can recirculate, you can run a hose from the bov to the pipe between the turbo and the airflow meter.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Ok kool thanks. Will do that
          "Godspeed my friend"
          "Nah mate... Mazdaspeed"

Comment

Buy a Turbosmart Kompact recirc valve. Running one on my BPT and is very quiet and fully legal (I'm in Victoria, the Defect state. Never been picked up)

Comment

WTF? Australia has SMOG laws? THE MAD MAX country? I never would have guessed... Just get a BPV Bypass valve from a audi or saab. They work GREAT!

Brad

Comment

I believe it's a noise issue, not a pollution issue.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Yea its a pollution issue, they want you to recycle any ounce of air in your motor possible.. having a bov that goes to air is "polluting" the air. But thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it, ive just finished putting all my intercooler piping back on and all other hoses connected (except for boost controller). Just need a new intercooler and a recirc BOV (cuz the intercooler that was on there was a major home job, looks like crap, and have now got cracks all through the crappy welds). Cheers guys.
                  "Godspeed my friend"
                  "Nah mate... Mazdaspeed"

Comment

Is there a specific law that says the BOV itself is illegal? The air doesn't technically enter your engine. By the same logic, your car's HVAC would be illegal, since it vents air to atmosphere, powered by your engine.
                    sigpic
                    1992 Familia GT-X
                    1988 323 GTX
                    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Yea, any air that does not go through the exhaust but goes elsewhere is counted pollution lol. but yes i said the same thing. the air doesnt even enter the engine for it to combust so therefore its only air and not burnt.. it doesnt make sense to me either but ur not alowed a BOV unless its plumbed back into the exhaust or back into the intake as ive just now learnt. What is the HVAC? might be a silly question but im not used to the short talk lol
                      "Godspeed my friend"
                      "Nah mate... Mazdaspeed"

Comment

HVAC = heating, ventilation, air conditioning. I suppose if you have bad turbo seals, or a ****ed up PCV system, you could pollute the air slightly with a blow off.
                        sigpic
                        1992 Familia GT-X
                        1988 323 GTX
                        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Yea who knows. Just stupid laws i guess. i need to do that to pass road worthy because its not on the road atm. Just another question. If you use a BOV to air, it takes pressure off the turbo, giving your turbo more life (so ive been told cuz turbo because it doesnt spool the other way and dose). If i put the Recirc BOV on, is that still going to save my turbo because its recirculating the air through the turbo the right way? Its just my theory so far cuz i dnt know lol
                          "Godspeed my friend"
                          "Nah mate... Mazdaspeed"

Comment

Absolutely. That's how every OEM gas turbo engine is set up from the factory.
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

"Note to self, Never bring MP5T to Australia and expect it to not be impounded.."

Comment

Working...
                              X