hi from oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi from oregon

Just bought a 00 protege lx. !!!!!.. . has only 55,000 miles on it! Bad part its an auto but oh well it gets awesome mpg. If i ever want to build it ill just do a motor/tranny swap. Ive been having a prob finding a lip for the car so decieded to replace tje front bumper... having probs finding a bumper to that i like all the ones i like are 2001 or newer.
    Can people show me pics of a clean looking 00 front bumper? And which years are interchangeable?

hello and welcome! im also from oregon

Comment

welcome aboard!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Only the 1999 and 2000 model year bumpers will interchange with yours. You could get the 2001-2003 bumper to work, but you'd also need the lights, fenders and possibly the hood. Or you could try to source a bumper from overseas, they look a little different.

Personally, I like the post facelift (2001+) front end. If there's a junkyard near you with a newer car and the front end parts are straight, I'd just swap those on.

Comment

Thanks all!! i really like the newer body and headlights. Im just looking it all up to see if its worth it... will i need a newere radiator support ? Or will the newer bumper. Hood, headlights and fenders just bolt on?

Comment

I assume they'll just bolt on.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
              I assume they'll just bolt on.

HTC Droid DNA
              Yea i figured from calling a dealership they said they couldnt see any diff with the radiator supports.
              now i just need to research which year bumper looks best... is there any good rear lips for the 00 lx?
              Or maybe a better looking oem one?

Comment

Working...
              X