new to clubprotege, well kinda not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to clubprotege, well kinda not

Been on here for a while now, but haven't really posted anything. i have a 96 protege and just trying to fix it on a budget.

Welcome!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

What's wrong with it? Belated welcome.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
        What's wrong with it? Belated welcome.
        sorry im late.1st it wasn't starting. checked fuel pressure and got new pump but still no start. ended up unplugging sensors and got the coolant temp sensor unplugged and it started right up. it seems to be getting to hot but the gauge on the dash reads normal temp. the exhaust manifold was cracked and got it welded. bought new temp sensor, but waiting to test it cause manifold isn't finished yet. it idles very low and it stalls if i don't keep my foot on the gas. if it cuts off while engine is warm, it won't even start until its cooled. guess the ecu receives default values when sensor isn't connected. also while trying to figure the problem out, i removed the throttle position sensor without marking its' position and i am unable to adjust it correctly because the manual gives some values that it should be within and im suppposed to take those values and look at the chart and adjust it to those specs, but the values im getting is off the chart.

Comment

Working...
        X