Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Plug/Wiring harness?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Air Flow Sensor Plug/Wiring harness?????

Yeah so my little '90 Protege has 412,000 kms and it has been suffering over the years from a MAF plug problem. There is a metal clip that holds the plug in place but that original is long since broken. I have been holding it on with zip ties for the last four years and going from extreme climates in Canada to Arizona, it gives me fits. In January I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, coil, distributor, plug and wire kit, and MAF, and possibly something else that doesn't come to mind. She runs like a champ but I can not find out where to get a new plug/wire harness kit for the MAF. This car will go another 50k easily if that stupid wire/plug were in good shape. The zip tie method left me on the 101 freeway in rush hour the other day so I need some advice ASAP. My commute is 45 minutes accross Phoenix and I need this car, plus she is a part of me. Anyone know who or where I should look for help???

Welcome to CP.

Could you just hardwire the connection and eliminate the plug completely?

Happy Motoring!
    Last edited by goldstar; 08-08-2014, 05:04 PM.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Yeah my friend just mentioned that to me as well, or find a new one at an auto wrecker...wish I were a little more able and I would do it. Maybe a shop in town has a guy that will accept the challenge. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Put a dab of silicone on the mass. Slide the plug on. Silicone will keep it on and when you need to unplug it. It will come off fairly easy. Super cheap repair that works
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
        X