Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new tranny for my 1995 Mazda Protege!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new tranny for my 1995 Mazda Protege!

Hey guys, new here! I just bought a 1.5l 1995 Mazda protege and i need a new tranny for it. But I'm curious if there's any other makes i can swap with? Like Miata, 626, other year proteges...?

Guys is this the B5 that came in the bg chassis? If so I may just see if you want mine.... got the EGT trans I am gonna end up getting rid of, wanted to get rid of it with the engine but if they go there separate ways that's fine it comes with a barely used stage 3 clutch kit in it. Hell I will sell you the whole bp swap for cheap if you want to go that route.
    Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Well its the second gen so it uses the F series manual tranny?

Comment

I have the g series. :-/

Comment

The engine is a Z5, not B5. But I'm pretty sure transmissions can be swapped between BP and Z5. So if the B5 trans bolts up to a BP, it should bolt to a Z5. I have a Kia BP G-series trans waiting to be swapped into my Z5-powered '97.

Comment

Yes. The G series is supposed to be a slight upgrade in terms of strength, but it's still pretty fragile. It has much more agressive ratios. Some people especially don't like the fifth gear ratio, but if you live in hilly terrain it's quite nice once you get used to it.

I can't tell you for sure it will bolt up to a Z5 though.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

My theory is that the BP and Z5 used the same auto trans in the second gens. It would make sense to keep the bolt pattern the same between engines to reduce costs, so the G-series should bolt up fine. This is all assumption, though, since I still haven't done the swap yet.

Comment

Much knowledge in this thread.

G series will bolt to a z5.
                Good luck finding the jack shaft, I don't think the z5 f-series one or the first gen one will work.
                The rear mount may need to be switched out.

I'd just throw another f-series. For what little power the engine has you'll be pressed to pop it.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Ya lol trust me I don't like my fifth gear much, but I do live in a valley so it helps however I don't mind having to downshift, kills mileage on I-5.

Comment

****. I cant seem to find any tranny to bolt up to mine😢😢😢

Comment

@pashka0788 is it a 1.5 l?

Comment

No lol I have the 1.8L DOHC BP4W. psych BP05 :-/

Comment

Im selling all the harness, engine and trans though for the parts I am picking up in springfield. Probably be there Monday or Tuesday, this coming week or next. Rare part for the right price (Kind of a secret build, not my parts but the one I am trying to get. Trading all parts for a piece, that of which don't include crank rods bearings pistons or top end...).
                          Last edited by Pashka0788; 09-12-2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

However if you need any advice you came to the right place, cause I don't know what my stuff is worth. Just trying to get it out of my car and work space.

Comment

Really hope you find what your looking for though. Sounds like a really bad time. Never heard of the Z family, Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X