Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie coming!

Hi everybody,

I was looking for a little bit of information about my new 2002 Protege LX, I just found your forum.

My name is Jose and I live in Guatemala City. It´ll be nice to get to know people with the same interests. My car is a 2002 Protege LX that I just bought last week. 2.0L engine and automatic transmission.

I am actually working on getting rid of 3 codes on my car, because it has CEL on. I have to change the O2 sensor after the fist cat, I have to check the VTCS actuator and I have to check why fuel rail looses pressure from one day to another (when cold starting I have to start the car around 3 times).

Thank you and I will be posting pics as soon as I can.

Welcome
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I have some pics..

Hope y'all like it.
      Attached Files

Comment

the pictures are HUGE! but the car looks clean.

I did a small mod inside the diagnosics box under the hood. jumpering the fuel pump pin to the ground pin. makes the car start ALOT easier. as fuel pressure starts building as soon as the key is turned on. rather then having to crank a few times.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Thanks!!

I uploaded the pics via Tapatalk from my phone and it didn't allow me to make any change. The car is in the repair shop waiting for full diagnosis. I expect to have some news today EOD.

Comment

I had news from the repair shop. Downstream o2 sensor change and VTCS solenoids change. Also vacuum lines will be changed as well. Hope to have it back tomorrow afternoon with CEL gone!!!

Comment

good news is good!!

Comment

Belated welcome, Chito. Did you get it back, and was it fixed as promised?
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Hi fellas!
                  Yes, I had it Back yesterday and it was fixed, but there are some bad news. The car doesn't have both catalytic converters because they were removed > and still CEL on because of that!!!

Here in Guatemala there are no environmental regulations for cars, so whenever there is an issue related to Catalytic converters, people just take them off (still don't understand why)... so I will have to buy them both whenever I can...
                  Last edited by Chito; 11-22-2014, 04:03 AM.

Comment

you can use a spacer to trick the O2 sensor into thinking the cat is still there.

Comment

Ok, code related to catalytic converter gone!!! There's only one code left: P0171, so still have to take it to the repair shop on thursday...

Comment

Hi fellas!!!

Regarding to code P0171, do you think that if one of the vacuum solenoids is not working the car will display that code?? We are looking for vacuum solenoids in the junkyard, but I have only found one of the two solenoids, and the fault code displayed is P0171.

Comment

wish i knew what that code meant.....

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            wish i knew what that code meant.....
                            P0171 is System Too Lean

Comment

Working...
                            X