Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
    Maybe the picture will help.

The back of the cylinder, where the rod would go that connects to the pedal and pushes in that plunger when you hit the clutch pedal, I had a really long bolt in it that when I pushed the pedal, it pushes the plunger in, in the cylinder. It's ghetto I know, but it works great. lol

Anyway I think the whole time the bolt was just a little bit too long, because even when the pedal was in resting position the plunger was already pushed in about halfway. I found a shorter bolt, and walah, no issues yet.
    I'm very happy for you, shorting out your clutch issues.
    Sometimes, we need to revert to the ghetto conversions (or as we call it backyard conversions).

So DeeAOne, give us some detail on that NSX massacre, please!!!!
    mazda stands by you

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
      southbend clutch ftw! my fully built boosted FE3 has been running there OFE for over 5 years. and ive ran everything from there Rally clutch, to there TZ, and have never had any issue, and has been the best clutch's ive ever ran. and if its a mazda, i wouldnt even think of going with a different brand.

ive owned so many cars, ive pretty much ran every brand you can think of though. act, and centerforce clutch's are pretty good and have treated me well. but id still choose the southbend clutch above them now.

the only clutch ive ever had fail was Spec. and it failed horribly right off the bat. then they made me send it in to make sure it was there fault. well it was. so they replaced it for me. well the 2nd Spec slipped right from the install. that 2nd Spec never saw more then 1/4 pedal cause it would just start slipping. SPec clutch is the only failure ive ever had. and it happened twice.. thats a ****ty ass product. i ended up replacing the spec with a southbend stage 1, and never had an issue again. id trust a OEM replacement before id install a spec in any of my cars again.
      Ive had spec stage 3 or 2,not sure which one..JUNK!!1 of my friends had one
      in has 2jz240.It start slipping under 20psi of boost.Ive also had centerforce,junk also..Am running southbend OFE also,love it.Clutchmaster stage 3,4 and act are good clutch also!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr N4SA View Post
        I'm very happy for you, shorting out your clutch issues.
        Sometimes, we need to revert to the ghetto conversions (or as we call it backyard conversions).

So DeeAOne, give us some detail on that NSX massacre, please!!!!
        I didn't realize he was racing me until my friend told me. I was racing a LS/Nitrous Del Sol, turns out the NSX was behind me trying to keep up. I was leaving both him and the Del Sol. lol

Also since I got the clutch figured out, I accidently splurged a little too much..heres a teaser.

Should be here in a few weeks.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Can't wait to see pics with the new rims! Accidental splurge is ok, as long as it's not with the lady, lol.
          Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

LOL, very true. The last thing I would be buying is car parts. lol

I just hate that I have to wait. They are on a 4-6 week back order.

Comment

very nice , what stud pattern they for 4x114 or 4x100? so you going bg hubs in the rear? also just let you know you don't need adjustable camber plates for the rear to fix the camber .the coilovers have the top bolt hole solted from factory when you get them and has enough adjustment to get some negative camber

also will have a update in a few days of some other coilovers that work and fit bgs/bf
              Last edited by michael0008; 05-25-2011, 02:08 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

Man, that ain't no teaser, that torture!!!

I'm waiting eagerly to see your car with the new wheels.
                what size are the wheels?
                mazda stands by you

Comment

Originally posted by michael0008 View Post
                  very nice , what stud pattern they for 4x114 or 4x100? so you going bg hubs in the rear? also just let you know you don't need adjustable camber plates for the rear to fix the camber .the coilovers have the top bolt hole solted from factory when you get them and has enough adjustment to get some negative camber

also will have a update in a few days of some other coilovers that work and fit bgs/bf
                  universal 4 lug so they will fit now and after the conversion. Good info man let me know.

Originally posted by Mr N4SA View Post
                  Man, that ain't no teaser, that torture!!!

I'm waiting eagerly to see your car with the new wheels.
                  what size are the wheels?
                  16x8 +20. They will have a little poke but hopefully not too much.

Comment

oh baby!!! those rims are going to look awesome!!!!
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

hells yea... i always figured just get a set of dual lug pattern rims and it would solve ur issue.. most rims are 4x100 and 4x114.3 anyways... those are guna look titties... make sure u get some meats for the front... im suffering with 205's right now.. i should gone bigger

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                      1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Ya considering the Probe comes with 225s lol
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I think 195's will be perfect for me. A slight stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                            Ya considering the Probe comes with 225s lol
                            he was talking about on his mx3. his probe has 245's on it.
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

Genuine three piece BBS RS? Either way, I love them. They are the wheels I want for my GT, gotta find some with a nice deep lip. I haven't decided on 15" or 16", so it'll be nice to see them on your car.

You planning on painting the centers at all?
                              sigpic
                              1992 Familia GT-X
                              1988 323 GTX
                              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I wish, lol. They are xxr 521. Knockoff of the BBS LM. I actually got them in gold with the chrome lip. This was just a good teaser picture. Lol I can't wait for them to get here!

Down the road the centers will probably get powdercoated white.

Comment

Working...
                                X