X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^2x
    sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear this stuff man but don't listen to anyone talking about custom axles. Either have your tranny taken apart by someone or do it yourself and get the capri diff installed with the probe ring gear or whatever it is and you'll have complete bolt in axles. Trash the bg front spindles and go back to the bf setup and have no camber or spacer issues. Also worry about one thing at a time. So if your doing wiring get that tackled first and start that baby up and know that your car works. After you get that all sorted out then you worry about your axles problem.
      Last edited by bomdoutscort; 03-05-2010, 08:26 AM.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
        sorry to hear this stuff man but don't listen to anyone talking about custom axles. Either have your tranny taken apart by someone or do it yourself and get the capri diff installed with the probe ring gear or whatever it is and you'll have complete bolt in axles. Trash the bg front spindles and go back to the bf setup and have no camber or spacer issues. Also worry about one thing at a time. So if your doing wiring get that tackled first and start that baby up and know that your car works. After you get that all sorted out then you worry about your axles problem.

This is what I was thinking, but it involes alot of work. If you got an mFactory diff with the proper spline count, you could just reuse your current ring gear and go back to bf axles.
        Last edited by Henchman; 03-05-2010, 11:09 AM.
        1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

This is the cheapest way. He's already had the transmission apart once so it shouldnt be that hard. Damkid also did this and its really not that much if you have the experience. That being said i'd have to pay someone to do it for my lack of tranny build knowledge.
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
            My thoughts exactly! all that fukin around with swappin hubs, piece of **** custom axles that has probably already cost you more then what a diff swap w/ capri axles would have cost and at least with the capri axles you won't have the seriously fuked up alignment issues that i'm sure you will have,

but again, its your swap so whatever you do is your choice

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

just run the axel & see what happens
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^^ ryan knows all!
                2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Choices, choices. Thanks for the input guys. I really do need to get it running before I drop the cash on custom axles.

Damkid, I pm'ed you the other day about the bracket. Don't know if you got it or not.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                    so...heres my axle.

im kinda dissappointed with it because of the fact that im 99.99% sure its not balanced and will vibrate.

but ill give it a shot and if it snaps/vibrates to the point of stuff breaking, ill go with plan B...

Not sure what I am looking at. Has the axle been shortened and has a section of square tubing over it, or are both sides of the axle welded to a piece of square stock??
                    Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Shortened 2 inches and sleeved with square tubing.

Comment

I would try them then. Run those for now, and save up for a better solution.
                        Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

I'm scared the vibration will tear something up in my trans though. Maybe I can baby it lol. But when I go custom I'm going back to bf hubs.

Comment

I think you would be fine, have a blast!
                            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

If you go custom your going to pay way too much and i thought that was what you were not trying to do.
                              "Who Dey"

Comment

that was the plan...but things change. im really starting to need my car back asap. school and possibly about to start my second job, ill pay the money at this point.

pommyvince paid $600NZ for his shafts. thats about $412US. so i figured if i could go through him i can get a set to my house for around $500.

Comment

Working...
                                X