No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that really doesn't sound like too bad of a price and especially if you know they are going to be quality pieces. And I know how you feel about not having your car. Both of us HAD to start our swaps before we were ready.. it really sucks..
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Perhaps you could contact www.raxles.com and talk to one of the engineers there. I assume that if the axle you have is the correct length, you could send that in and they will make you a proper axle that is under warranty.

Comment

ill look into them man, thanks.

no major progress except putting the car back together. i also put the halfshaft and axle in. it will only be temporary until i can get a nice set..if it works anyway. hopefully it will be alive soon.

anyone got a 3 to 4 inch coupler laying around? i need one for my MAF.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

still struggling with the wiring? I'm pretty sure its only 4-5 wires to be connected up to start it and run it, and if your using the KL or BP fusebox it would be even less wires

I keep forgetting about those pictures man, will try and get some for ya tomorrow aye
          FE3 POWA
          1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

yeah man. i think i figured out somewhat of what i need to do. im going to attempt the kl fuse box and splice in the ones from the b6 harness that i need.

im stupid when it comes to wires. pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Great pictures. The car looks sexy.
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

I can't believe it actually fits. That's amazing. How many shoe-horns did it take? LOL

Can't wait until it's done. Looks awesome.

Your garage is cleaner than mine....

Comment

it actually drops in pretty easy with no exhaust manifolds. the main thing is getting past the brake master cylinder with the trans. after that a little wiggling and it drops in.

the garage was cleaner before i started this. i kinda just threw everything in that back corner. lol

i cant wait!

Comment

Which tranny does it bolt up to? What half-shafts are you using? Did I miss this in earlier conversations?

Comment

read his build thread man...
                      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Nice work the engine compartment looks great.
                        Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                          read his build thread man...
                          Got it.... I'm more caught up. I forgot about all that discussion and debating about what to do. Man, old age is a terrible thing..... ;D

Comment

lol sorry I was in a hurry earlier or I would have listed what he went with, trying to get my KLDE swap finished so I can start body work.
                            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                              yeah man. i think i figured out somewhat of what i need to do. im going to attempt the kl fuse box and splice in the ones from the b6 harness that i need.

im stupid when it comes to wires. pictures would be greatly appreciated.
                              in my opinion, trying to use the kl fuse box will only complicate things further

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

how so?

Comment

Working...
                                X