no lights behind dash cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no lights behind dash cluster

the dash cluster wont light up at night so i cant see how fast im going. all other lights work(headlights, stereo, overhead). the fuse isnt popped. before i start ripping the dash apart is there something else i should check?

Try the meter fuse and the taillamp fuse.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

i have the exact same problem, all fuses are good

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Comment

Did you try it or did it work?
        "Who Dey"

Comment

sorry ive been real busy. i pulled all the fuses, including the meter and taillamp, and they are all good.

Comment

oh ok it got what you mean now. My 91 Egt only had half of the cluster lit also. The bulbs sometimes got bad and need replaced. You have to take the cluster out to do it. I think they are 194 bulbs also.
            "Who Dey"

Comment

i also have all my fuses OK, and the bulbs are all good. The lights stoped working from one day to another

Comment

check the dimmer switch . the contacts tend to corrode and you get dead spots on it ..

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
                  check the dimmer switch . the contacts tend to corrode and you get dead spots on it ..
                  dimmer switch?... my car doesnt have that kind of commodities...

Comment

i just remembered, the previous owner replaced the ignition tumbler before he sold it to me and instead of just replacing the tumbler he swapped in a whole new steering column for some reason. i think he messed with the wires going to the dimmer switch because the fog light toggle to the left of the dash dimmer doesnt work either and the whole unit is loose and coming out of the dash. im not familiar with the wiring under the dash on these cars, should i start by checking the connections at the dimmer?

Comment

its fixed! turns out 5 out of 12 or so bulbs behind the cluster were burned out. that was such a bitch getting the cluster out! i was debating breaking off the emergency flasher button on top of the steering column so i wouldnt have to drop the steering column but i dropped it down anyways.

Comment

Glad i could help some.
                        "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
                        X