So My Bro Left Me His 626 For 6 Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So My Bro Left Me His 626 For 6 Months

My little brother has had some bad luck with his car. Not mechanic problems but just having people run into his car and fender benders and what not. He is leaving to Oaklahoma for 6 months for a job thing to get some extra money to get out of debt so he parked his 96 626 at my house til he gets back. I've always love the car just becuase it looks like cool and... well it's a Mazda .

I wanted to fix it up before he got back maybe so i was wondering if anyone had a parts car that you could sale me parts off of. He mainly needs a new hood, grill piece, front bumper and maybe a trunk but that isn't important. Or a good place to buy replacement OEM Parts

The one in the back... obviously
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/.Zero/Protege%203rd%20gen/MeAndMyBrocopy**********
    Last edited by .Zero; 11-28-2004, 11:32 AM.
    sigpic
    1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
    1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Go to a junk yard. It's the cheapest way. Shipping parts as big as those is stupid.

Comment

Definately junkyard material for the parts, you should come up cheap and with everything you need.
      Looking at the pic, you might have to straighten the frame, and/or buy a new core support. Feasibly fixable.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

he bought a new core support but yeah the frame is bend. i was going to straighten the frame out but i don't want to do everything for him. just the the simple hood and front bumper.
        sigpic

Comment

www.mazdarecycling.com is a good place to start.
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Thats really nice that your doing that for him......
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

figured it would be a nice christmas gift. That and I think that he doesn't care about the car anymore so i want to fix so he does. he was talking about getting a turbo'ed Impulse and i'd rather he have the 626
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
                my new name is RAINMAN
                Buyin yur undies at K-Mart now?
                '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                  Buyin yur undies at K-Mart now?
                  ?what the hell? NO I'm expensive when it comes to my panites and bra's
                  Last edited by "mazdachic"; 12-07-2004, 09:50 PM.

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
                    ?what the hell? NO I'm expensive when it comes to my panites and bra's
                    heeheehee!...no doubt, it's just thats where "RAINMAN" gets his gonch!
                    and since yur new name is RAINMAN..... ...jk
                    Last edited by CBlaze; 12-08-2004, 01:56 AM.
                    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

I was refering to Eminem's new song........

Comment

Hey man thats a pretty cool thing to do for your brother, i hope you can find all the parts that you are wanting for it, and i hope he keeps the 626 instead of buying a gay Impulse id pick a 626 over that thing anyday.

Comment

i think the impulse would be a good scraper and a great way to learn how to drift in and not care about the car. He had one before my grandma sold him the 626 and he liked it. So I guess it's the simple love for your first car no matter what it is. My first car was my 99 protege... and i love it

yeah i got the hook up on a hood and a bumper but now i gotta deal with the IRS trying to garnish my wages so lets see how this turns out.
                          sigpic

Comment

My friend had an impulse back in the day, it was a fun car to slide around in. It wasn't turbo, but it would have been a lot more fun if it was!
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah he had a turbo'ed one and was messing around and the backend was fish tailing and he ended up in a ditch. funny enough a sheriff pulled him out of the ditch and didn't give him a ticket.

i went to this auto body place that had a 626 that was rea-ended and they wanted 250 for the bumper, bumper support, two side lights and the grill piece. the hood they had on it was bent inwards so the hood wouldn't shut right and i asked if i took the bend out would it still work and they sadly said no. but i guess in the end i don't think i'll be able to part with 250 bucks for that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X