A challeng to TheMan! ...or anyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challeng to TheMan! ...or anyone else

Think you know your stuff? See if you can answer these??

Would the 6 speed tranny from a Miata bolt up to the miller cycle V6 in the Millenia S? if not is there another manual tranny that will???

Is it possible to drop a 2.3 miller cycle into a Pro or would there be clearance problems with the supercharger? Problems bolting a miller to a fwd tranny? How about in another model like a 90 MX-6 or something?
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

1st one, no, the Miata is RWD, the Milly is FWD. You might have more luck with a MX-6/626 V6 trans, donno.

2nd part - don't know, why? Because it would be dumb to do that when you could have a more reliable KLZE instead. The Miller 2.3 IS FWD.
    The '90 MX-6...you get a 2.2L 110hp or a 2.2L Turbo 145hp(and tons of torque), I don't know if it would work. You'd have more luck with that in a BF series 323.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

A KLZE will bolt up to a 5-speed MX-6 V6, MX-3 V6, or 626 V6 tranny and they're good for 200hp. The KLZE will bolt into a 1st gen but it takes quite a bit more work than a BPT swap... but with the BPT you still have some room under the hood to work on things unlike the KLZE
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

There is no point of getting Millenia engine in a Protege... even if you do drop it in, there is nothing else you can do with the engine.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Though the Millenia was RWD there for a sec...
          The tranny question is because the miller only came mated to an automatic, as far as I know, so I was woundering what manule trannys might bolt up?

I just thought it would be nice to have a supercharged 2.3 with 210hp / 210 torque in a Pro, but since the Pro is lighter wouldn't it make more torque than the Millenia? Anyway I can't remember ever hearing about this swap being done, I think it would be pretty sick even without ferther mods! Think it can be done?
          '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
          Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Ummm, the car's torque rating has NOTHING to do with the weight of the vehicle.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
              Ummm, the car's torque rating has NOTHING to do with the weight of the vehicle.
              What I meant to comment on was the fact that when using the same engine in a lighter car you sure can feel the torque a whole lot more in terms of quicker accelloration, and much less decelloration on inclines, or when the vehicule is carrying a load, cause the engine doesn't have to work as hard to move the total mass of said vehicule.
              thanx for pointing my error out so I could clear it up for you.

sigpic

Comment

The 929 is RWD, the Millenia is FWD.
                '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

you mean power-to-weight

Comment

i thought u were gonna ask something cool like, design and build a hemi 4 cyl engine that runs off of cheetos, or why does a unimog have like 20 different shifters and a crawl ratio of 4000:1?
                    Eat ****.

Comment

I want a unimog soooo bad... portal hubs.... i waaaaaant.....

/would rather have a pinzgauer though

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                        I just thought it would be nice to have a supercharged 2.3 with 210hp / 210 torque in a Pro
                        why not a NA 200hp KLZE????

93' 5spd DX
                        R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
                          why not a NA 200hp KLZE????
                          cause the miller is "supercharged!!!"
                          supercharger=instant "go" and super biggrin
                          whats the torque on a KLZE? KLZE=2.5l?
                          I was basically just wondering why it hasn't been done before (at least I haven't heard of a miller in a Pro)...seems like a kick ass motor\good swap to me???

sigpic

Comment

yeah it sounds fun... i mean, maybe not practical, but hey i've always wanted a supercharged protege.

plus a millenia engine is probably easier to come by than a klze. don't know for sure though.
                            justin
                            Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                            installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

Working...
                            X