No announcement yet.

New Civic SI / RSX-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the mazda 3 is a cool car. I don't think it has the same rave though. The new civic will be a car that a lot of young people will go out and buy, and before long that mark up will go down. I was looking at the mazda 3, but I don't really feel to moved it because I want a bigger vehicle.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
      it's the new SAE rating system... the motors in the RSX's haven't changed they just changed the way they measure the power and it comes out lower, the motors are identical.
      The 02-04 RSX-S motors are different than the 05-06 RSX-S motors

The new ones have limited engine management alternatives, as well as the TypeR cams and intake manifold.

Comment

I'd rather have a type-s than the new SI, but that's just me. Actually I'd rather have neither. The only premium-drinking 4cyl that I would want is RWD and is called an S2000.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
          I'd rather have a type-s than the new SI, but that's just me. Actually I'd rather have neither. The only premium-drinking 4cyl that I would want is RWD and is called an S2000.
          those things drink preimum like crazy if you cant keep your foot off of the accelerator... which trust me... you cant.

Problem is though, aftermarket mods NA wise net VERY small gains... you almost have to go FI or extreme NA mods.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
            those things drink preimum like crazy if you cant keep your foot off of the accelerator... which trust me... you cant.

Problem is though, aftermarket mods NA wise net VERY small gains... you almost have to go FI or extreme NA mods.
            if i had an s2k or itr i wouldnt be interested in many engine mods... i like the engines the way they are

they might get some minor valvetrain stuff and an exhaust... thats bout it tho
            the rest would be all suspension and brakes

Comment

Today when i was going to workout i pulled into the gym and saw the back of the si i thought it was a new neon or something.......then i saw the "H" on the back..lol....oh well
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

The new SI's arent to bad...theres a bunch of em in some magazine I just got..SCC I think. And Skunk2's flatblack SI, is really slick!

Personally Id take the SI over the type-s, dunno why, but I would. Id actually take an Ep3 SI over both of those.
                Eat ****.

Comment

Its one of those cars that will have to grow on me...i own 2 honda's so im sure it will!
                  "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

yea I feel that....I liked the concept look, but the actual car just didnt look right.

Im a former honda owner, having owned 4 (i think) Im sure it will grown on me as well....
                    Eat ****.

Comment

Why anyone wants a 2800 lb FWD car to be "sporty" is beyond me.
                      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES
                      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil
                        My ex-girlfriend who i still keep in touch with just put a down payment on a new SI...shes been a civic fan forever (notice the "ex" haha)...theres around a 2-3 month wait on a list here, so when they come out in january, she'll probably have to wait until march to get it in the driveway...but i'll be driving it and i'll let everybody know how it feels
                        well she got it today...and i drove it...i put the 20th mile on it actually

its an extremely nice car stock, i know what everybody's saying about it being heavy and less respondent to mods, but it is VERY nice.

she got it in red, and while i didnt really go over 5k, i did take it on a section of twisties fairly quick (she was closing her eyes and clenching the seats) and it stuck with a limited amount of body roll...the weight factor is definitely evident though

anyway - very nice car, she paid just over 21k and only had to wait two months, so i give it the "first drive" reccomendation!!!

ps - 6 speed gear ratios f*ck with my head

Comment

Working...
                        X