why isn´t mobil taking advantage of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why isn´t mobil taking advantage of it?

Most of us here and in many car forums in the net alreadyt know that except for the german , Castrol Syntec is not a real synthetic , nor Chevron nor many others.
    Why these geniuses in the advertising industry are not taking advantage of it they could shove it ¡n their faces . say something like Mobil out performs other oils that claim to be 100% synthetic but are not (show a pic of syntec) or make an educative segment like castrol´s car doctor explaining what PAO is and etc.

Post your coments .
    Please no flames
    Last edited by darkjedi; 03-02-2006, 09:49 AM.
    BHP=bull**** horsepower
    WHP=woop-ass horsepower

Come to the DarkSide ,Whe have Cookies!

Ok, so you wanna make your lightsabers. Yeehaw. Think about this though, when you make them...how are they going to be effective weapons? They are a melee weapon, requiring close range combat right? Well, say I've got a gun and I pop a cap in your ass way outside of the reach of your lightsaber blade....fat lot of good that did ya!

I'm afraid this is beating a dead horse. Refer again to the article that explained how the current state of affairs came to be.:

Again, note that the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, before which Mobil 1's complaint against Castrol's Syntec was heard, decided that the evidence "constitutes a reasonable basis for the claim that Castrol Syntec, as currently formulated, is a synthetic motor oil." Now, this runs counter to the definition of synthetic oil as formulated by both the SAE and the API, but the decision gave Castrol the legal right to MARKET its Group III Syntec as a "true" synthetic oil. Consequently, Mobil 1 cannot, in their advertising, dispute castrol Syntec's claim without, I assume, facing legal action from both Castrol and the NAD.

Although deceptive advertising practices and marketing are an all too common and unfortunate part of our daily lives, at least we car enthusiasts can be aware of the situation here and avoid purchasing these less than optimal products such as Syntec.

There's no sense in getting upset over any of this as there's little we can do to change things. Instead, focus on the few products that we know to be true synthetic oils and give your money to those companies who give an honest accounting of their products. The good news is that we now have a new, fully synthetic engine oil to choose from and you can read about it at:

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

OKey. but at least they could label it like true "PAO stackbase" like AMSOIL does in their website . but thank i get mad specially when i cant have a variety of oils in here just castrol everywere.
      but i read that chevron changed their synthetic oils formulation (could this mean PAO a dream come true )

Now another question would be will Castrol ever go back to PAO in syntec or another line of oil?

Thanks for the news Goldstar ill check that oil.
      BHP=bull**** horsepower
      WHP=woop-ass horsepower

Come to the DarkSide ,Whe have Cookies!

Ok, so you wanna make your lightsabers. Yeehaw. Think about this though, when you make them...how are they going to be effective weapons? They are a melee weapon, requiring close range combat right? Well, say I've got a gun and I pop a cap in your ass way outside of the reach of your lightsaber blade....fat lot of good that did ya!

Comment

At least on their websites, Mobil 1 specifies that the oil is derived from polyalphaolefin (PAO) base stock.

In terms of your other questions, first, I wasn't aware that Chevron had changed their "synthetic" oil formulation and so I don't really know its present composition, and second, I don't know if Castrol Syntec will ever go back to a PAO formulation but my guess would be they will not. This is because although Group III hydrocracked oils are very expensive to produce, Group IV oils are considerably more expensive (Group V oils are the most expensive of all) to produce. As long as Castrol can sell a Group III oil at a Group IV price, I would imagine that the quest for corporate profits would trump any other consideration. Since they deliberately made the switch in the first place, I'm assuming this is their primary motivation.

Happy Motoring!
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Here is an interesting video about oil base stocks on the redline website:
          video
          Back in BG business.

Comment

Working...
          X