Which wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which wheels?

So I'm going to get some new wheels for my Subaru, and I'm having trouble deciding.

Option 1:

15" Enkei somethings. 195/60/15 Yokohama Avid tires, basically brand new. I like the style on these overall, but they just don't look quite as good as the BBS style they're imitating. $200 for all four.

Pros:
    - More comfortable ride (taller sidewall and narrower)
    - Subtle look, less noticeable by cops or thieves
    - Cheaper

Cons:
    - Narrower/taller tire, less grip
    - Cheap knockoff look

Option 2:

17" American Racing Snipers. 215/40/17 Toyo Proxes, not quite as new but still with lots of tread. These aren't as subtle as I was originally imagining for my car, but they look good and definitely outperform the others. $250 for all four.

Pros:
    - Handling. These will grip like hell in corners and acceleration.
    - Looks. The car will look sportier with these.

Cons:
    - Flashier, will attract more unwanted attention
    - More expensive
    - Harsher ride

I really can't say that the price is a drawback on either, obviously $250 is a good deal for a whole set of wheels. Right now I'm leaning more towards the 17s... I've never had anything that wide or low profile before, and I kind of want to try it out. I don't mind a slightly harsher ride in most cases.
    100.00%
    0.00%

I hate the look of #2.

Comment

I did too when I first looked at them, and then over the course of about ten minutes they grew on me and now I kind of like them. Still not my favorite, but something seems off about the first ones too.

Comment

If it makes a difference, here they both are mounted on cars. #1 is the seller's car, #2 is a chopped version of mine.

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

American Racing looks horrible as ****. BURN THEM!
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
              1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
              2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
              1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

numero uno

Comment

As it turns out, after I posted this, I heard back from the seller of #2 that they probably won't even fit on my car at all, since they are coming off the sport version which has wider fenders.

Comment

One more reason to go with #1.

Comment

lol, yeah.

Comment

So since I'm a big loser and bored at home on Saturday night, here's a photochop of the other wheels.
                        Attached Files

Comment

number 2 is a perfectly good reason for an instant BAN! lol

go with number 1

Comment

Stay away from #2 like a highly contagious disease! The only possible way those wheels could be any ugly'er is if they were chrome.

Go with #1 and slam the phuck out of the car. That's what I think anyway.
                            1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

meh, just get rotas

Comment

Working...
                              X