Is the MazdaSpeed 6 Selling??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the MazdaSpeed 6 Selling??

Every time I go to the stealership for parts or to get the MZ3's oil changed, there's a mess of MS6's parked in the back of the lot. For several months, it's been the same.....
    Went in today to get the annual inspection done, and counted 17 MS6's on the lot. And I didn't even really dig around the place(HUGE!).
    The sales guy says that the car is about to "break-out" and start selling, but I don't know about that one. Come-on, $31k plus for that car?? Hell for that money, I'm buying a Subie STi. From what I've been reading, the car is heavy and performance figures are poor, compared to others in it's class. So what gives?? Did Mazda mess up putting this car in production or what???
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Oh.. btw, they had 3 MZ3's.
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Are you sure, 17?! Each MazdaSpeed dealership gets 3 MS6s per month. Now then, it came out in November if I remember correctly. That means that by now dealerships have had 18 total, though April is new and my dealership hasn't got any April cars yet. So that means that dealership should have gotten 15 cars total. -1 for the showroom(I'm sure they had one in there). Surely someone would have bought a MS6 per month atleast, so your figures are very odd.

Personally, I think you're mistaking the Mazda 6 Grand Touring for the MazdaSpeed. The GT features 18" wheels, and the S grill looks similar to the MazdaSpeed.

My dealership has 10 currently, 1 in the showroom, 1 is the Mazda new car manager's demo, and 8 are on the parking lot. They aren't selling very well, but they do sell. It's not like they are B-series trucks or MPVs.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

It all depends on the dealer. I got my 6 last year, and Mazdaspeeds are hard to come by in that place. I have only seen 2 different ones. And I will agree with MazKid, 2006 Mazda6 Grand Touring edition does look alot like Mazdaspeed. That was exactly my reaction when I saw a Mazda display at a car show last November. I was like, "Holy, sh*t, Mazdaspeeds every where. But only then, I saw her, on a turntable, quitely just spinning there, far from my reach. Anyway, Mazda 6 is selling, and it already reached 1,000,000 copies sold... and counting.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
          Personally, I think you're mistaking the Mazda 6 Grand Touring for the MazdaSpeed. The GT features 18" wheels, and the S grill looks similar to the MazdaSpeed.
          That might be the case, I didn't know there was a GT 6. Anyway, I counted all the 6's that had the bulging hood and the different spoiler. The salesmans replies to my questions didn't give me any clues that there was another variant(GT6).
          I'll be back there soon and will look a little closer then. Thanks for the info.
          '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

yeah, at my local dealership, i was talking to the manager and he said that they've been selling out of them every month since they came out, same as the mx-5s, but this is in Ocean Park, and it's more of upper class area

Comment

i drove one a few months ago when i was looking for a new car, wow.

Comment

Okay, check it out meng, I went back to do a MS6 count. There's at least 15 there now. They're definately MS6's.
                Attached Files
                '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Working...
                X